Yan vs Aldo match up

Frankie Baby!

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
(Kinda long read)
I see a lot of people saying that Yan is going to beat Aldo, and TKO him, can someone explain to me how? I like Yan, but he beats Aldo nowhere, his best chance is a late finish because Aldo is gassed potentially, or a decision, but Aldo has went 5 rounds countless times, Yan for sure isn't taking him down, what's he going to do? Outstrike Aldo? How? He's not outboxing Aldo, and his kicks won't be shit, Marlon is a more powerful version of Yan, and couldn't even hurt Aldo, and if Aldo uses his leg kicks, that's a RIP.

I'll do a year AV change if I'm wrong.

Aldo is old AF but who is the best fighter Yan has beat, Faber? I won't be betting on this one unless Yan opens as favorite

The thing is Yan wouldn't have to be the better striker to TKO Aldo. Holloway isn't a better striker than Aldo either, he got outboxed for first 2 rounds and then finished a tired Aldo. Can Yan do the same thing? idk

Aldo will beat Yan and become a 2 division champ. Old Faber is Yan’s best win.

I think this is a great matchup, and I'm extremely excited about it! Sweet, sweet fight.

As much as Yan is fucking solid and well-rounded, one can't sleep on Jose Aldo. He usually has a lot of success against wrestlers, regardless of how good their hands are. Plus, I'm not sure Yan has a reach advantage in this matchup.

I think Yan is the next big thing at 135, no doubt. The total package, an absolute fucking beast. But Aldo showed in his last few fights that he is far from done.

Tough one to predict!

(Kinda long read)
I see a lot of people saying that Yan is going to beat Aldo, and TKO him, can someone explain to me how? I like Yan, but he beats Aldo nowhere, his best chance is a late finish because Aldo is gassed potentially, or a decision, but Aldo has went 5 rounds countless times, Yan for sure isn't taking him down, what's he going to do? Outstrike Aldo? How? He's not outboxing Aldo, and his kicks won't be shit, Marlon is a more powerful version of Yan, and couldn't even hurt Aldo, and if Aldo uses his leg kicks, that's a RIP.

Is "leg kick Aldo" something like "motivated BJ Penn"? Because I haven´t seen him doing much with leg kicks for nearly a decade, but everyone keeps speculating if he will use it in the next fight or how every fight he lost could have been easily won by using them.

(Kinda long read)

I thought that too then saw Volkankowski pillow kick Aldo to a UD.

Well Yan's hands look very solid and Aldo's striking defense has declined over the years.

The fight can go either way. Hope the old lion doesn't get cut down, but is what it is.

Think this could be one of the best fights this year. Love to watch both fighters. Will be a tough call. Would love to see Aldo get another belt. Would cement him as one of the all time GOATs.

I mean, Aldo has lost 5 of his last 8 and hasn't been to championship rounds since his 20s, so there is some merit to thinking he might lose his next fight.

Depends on which Aldo shows up. A motivated Aldo by fight night or the one when he fought Volk and was hesitant to throw anything.

Aldo gonna throw everyone a curve ball and come out and take Yan down the whole fight like he did to KZ. Aldo has amazing wrestling that he never uses.

Depends on which Aldo shows up. A motivated Aldo by fight night or the one when he fought Volk and was hesitant to throw anything.
I think that depends greatly on his weight cut. Last time it went well, and he looked like he was ready to go 5 or 10 rounds. He has another good cut, this is gonna be a good fight.

That's interesting.
I think Aldo matches very well against Sterling and Cruz, but Yan is a toss up.

Yan seems to be faster and could try to gas Aldo with volume, like Holloway did.
Aldo however, has a lot of power for BW and is very well-rounded.

This is an all-win for Aldo.

In the past 5-6 years Aldo has lost 5 times and won 3 times. He's not quite the unbeatable force you are remembering.

He's 33 going on 60. He's still really good but I'd say this is about a 50/50 matchup. He could very easily get outworked and get tired.

Yan looks good in his fights but not against a the best competition. Not sure why Dana is so obsessed with giving him a title shot over Sandhagen.

I like how ts prefaced this short post with (kinda long read).

Back