Colby Covington split from American Top Team

strebitel86

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Courtesy of MMA Fighting

Colby Covington confirms split from American Top Team after being removed from team website

Colby Covington has left the building.

The former UFC interim welterweight champion has split with American Top Team after training at the Coconut Creek, Fla., gym since he first transitioned from college wrestling into MMA.

Covington confirmed the move during an interview with The Score on Wednesday, one day after he was removed from the team roster on theAmerican Top Team website.

“I am a member of Colby Covington incorporated,” he said. “I am a member of Colby Covington business, Colby Covington team, everything. This is my team now.”

Covington has been at odds with several of his now former teammates for the past few years. That eventually led to American Top Team co-founder Dan Lambert issuing an edict that teammates were no longer allowed to talk trash against each other unless a fight between them was scheduled.

Covington appeared to mock the rule and said other fighters – including Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Dustin Poirier and Jorge Masvidal, all of whom he’s feuded with publicly – were using it against him.

“Oh, I’m a pro fighter, but I’m going to go to Dan Lambert, [and say], ‘Hey Dan, I don’t want to fight him in the cage because I know I can’t beat him, but Dan, can you protect my precious little feelings?’

“Our soldiers put it all on the line for our freedoms – you can’t suppress my freedom of speech, my freedom of opinion. You can’t take that away. This is the Ultimate Fighting Championship – this isn’t the ‘Ultimate Feelings Championship.’ Just because Joanna, Dustin, Jorge want to come to him and cry like little babies, that’s not fair. I didn’t want to put him in that situation where they’re going to keep harping on him.”

Covington’s criticism was cut with praise for Lambert. The former interim champ said he “owed that guy everything” and added the owner is still a friend and mentor.

“But I fulfilled my debts there,” Covington said. “He did these great opportunities, and we went to the top together and won a world title. But was also able to do something for him something that no other fighter is ever going to be able to, and that’s take him to the White House. We had a great relationship, and I’m glad I was able to give him something back.

“There’s no ill will or hard feelings toward American Top Team or Dan Lambert. It’s just a business decision and nothing more.”

Lambert told MMA Fighting he and Covington are “good” after a “mutual parting” and wished the fighter well in his next move.

The team’s trash-talking rule didn’t stop Covington from taking shots at targets like “BMF” champion Jorge Masvidal,and Masvidal almost immediately took aim at Covington. The war of words between the welterweights has not stopped since.

Covington claimed he never broke the rule, though a trash-talk filled interview “slipped out,” for which he apologized. Still, he said the writing was on the wall once it was put into place. According to sources, he actually stopped training full time at American Top Team several months ago.

“Now at Colby Covington incorporated, you direct your complaints to me - you don’t direct your complaints to Dan Lambert,” Covington said. “So Jorge Masvidal, Dustin Poirier, you’ve got complaints? Come to me. Let’s settle them in the cage. But you don’t want to do that. You know what will happen. We trained together for nine years.

“Now, all the gloves are off. No matter what happened in the past, ‘Doofus’ Dustin, the little cuck, who’s out here running [his mouth] about my name and he’s hurt in his feelings – OK, boy. You want to talk to the media? You’re going to come beat me up? Come try and fight me. And same for ‘Street Judas” Masvidal – you’re so hard, you’re a 50-50 fighter. You don’t even want to fight for the title against [Kamaru Usman] because you’re scared you’re going to get exposed.”

Covington most recently fought in Dec. 2019, when he came up short in his bid to capture the undisputed UFC welterweight title in a war with reigning champion Kamaru Usman.

Since that time, Covington has expressed interest in a rematch with Usman as well as settling a longstanding grudge with former teammate Tyron Woodley, But neither fight has been booked.

Covington said he’s in the process of putting together a new team and said the move “was the best change that could have ever happened to me.” American Top Team, meanwhile, remains shuttered to the general public as a part of statewide guidelines to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

Titanic.jpg

i still think that colby is cornered, basically he was forced to become an asshole if he wanted to stay in the ufc.
he made ennemies everywhere, even teammates, he openly dissed the ufc and now he imo got kicked out of att...
i don t know what to expect for the rest of his career

Covington’s criticism was cut with praise for Lambert. The former interim champ said he “owed that guy everything” and added the owner is still a friend and mentor.

“But I fulfilled my debts there,” Covington said. “He did these great opportunities, and we went to the top together and won a world title. But was also able to do something for him something that no other fighter is ever going to be able to, and that’s take him to the White House. We had a great relationship, and I’m glad I was able to give him something back.

“There’s no ill will or hard feelings toward American Top Team or Dan Lambert. It’s just a business decision and nothing more.”
According to Masvidal, he never paid his trainers. He got trainers to work with him but never paid any of them for months and years at a time. What a low life. Kind of explains how he got his picture taken with that orange buffoon in the Whitehouse. You know that orange baffoon that thinks it ok to drink bleach and inject yourself with it to cure you from Corona virus.

According to Masvidal, he never paid his trainers. He got trainers to work with him but never paid any of them for months and years at a time. What a low life. Kind of explains how he got his picture taken with that orange buffoon in the Whitehouse. You know that orange baffoon that thinks it ok to drink bleach and inject yourself with it to cure you from Corona virus.
giphy.gif

Hates Colby
Nerd
Virgin
Low t level
Tds

Makes sense

According to Masvidal, he never paid his trainers. He got trainers to work with him but never paid any of them for months and years at a time. What a low life.
wait so you hate trump and think his supporters are dumbasses but you believing MAsvidal, who is a huge trump supporter? lol ok hypocrite

Kind of explains how he got his picture taken with that orange buffoon in the Whitehouse. You know that orange baffoon that thinks it ok to drink bleach and inject yourself with it to cure you from Corona virus.
you are kind of a buffoon (that cant figure out how to spell it), if you your poor reading/comprehension skills got "drink bleach and inject yourself with it" from the words that were actually said :

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

"It wouldn’t be through injections, almost a cleaning and sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work, but it certainly has a big effect if it’s on a stationary object."

and from politifact which is no friend of trump:

"The briefing transcript shows that Trump did not say people should inject themselves with bleach or alcohol to treat the coronavirus. He was asking officials on the White House coronavirus task force whether they could be used in potential cures."

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/apr/24/context-what-donald-trump-said-about-disinfectant-/

wait so you hate trump and think his supporters are dumbasses but you believing MAsvidal, who is a huge trump supporter? lol ok hypocrite

you are kind of a buffoon (that cant figure out how to spell it), if you your poor reading/comprehension skills got "drink bleach and inject yourself with it" from the words that were actually said :

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

"It wouldn’t be through injections, almost a cleaning and sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work, but it certainly has a big effect if it’s on a stationary object."

"The briefing transcript shows that Trump did not say people should inject themselves with bleach or alcohol to treat the coronavirus. He was asking officials on the White House coronavirus task force whether they could be used in potential cures."

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/apr/24/context-what-donald-trump-said-about-disinfectant-/
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...injecting-disinfectant-fight-coronavirus.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...uggesting-injecting-bleach-cure-Covid-19.html

lol you are using a leftist propaganda outlet like the dailymail? I posted his actual words from politifact, you posted a leftist activist interpretation of words that didnt come out of his mouth

again from politifact which is no friend of trump:

the fact that you cant read that show a lack of ability to think for yourself

I think it's a very interesting part of the sport to see how people handle losses, the consequences of losses, or situations like this. He was ready to ditch his made up persona if he had won against Marty, now I don't know what he's going to do. Prediction: He will lose his next fight, whoever they put in front of him.

where does Colby go?!? where will Colby go that accepts him with open arms? any insight?

Back