Conor vs Wonderboy

chinarice

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
If these guys fought next at WW (I know the chance is slim to none but anyway), who would you take?

I'd personally love to see this matchup and how Conor would handle the striking of WB.

Lmao Wonderboy's never fought anyone half as good as Aldo or Mendes

Conor sleeps him
I think Wonderboy is the best striker Conor would have faced in his MMA career (i personally think WB is better than Aldo). The same probably goes for Wonderboy though in terms of MMA.

I think it's an interesting matchup.

WB toyed Rory who would still beat Conor.
MMAth before coffee is your answer
I would say Conor is a much better striker than Rory is. Different threats though. Conor isn't threatening with any TDs like Rory and is a lot smaller so I imagine WB could throw without hesitation.

I would say Conor is a much better striker than Rory is. Different threats though. Conor isn't threatening with any TDs like Rory and is a lot smaller so I imagine WB could throw without hesitation.
I think WB would easily keep him 4 ft away for 2 rounds and then start landing his hands. It's an intriguing match (as are 50 others with Conor) but not sure if this one would have the excitement and war people want to see.

I think Wonderboy is the best striker Conor would have faced in his MMA career (i personally think WB is better than Aldo). The same probably goes for Wonderboy though in terms of MMA.

I think it's an interesting matchup.
Wonderboy isn't even close to Aldo in skill

Only thing he has going for him is a size advantage

wonder boy takes it, better every where. Just survive the first 2 rounds, then do whatever u want.

Conor would be at a height and reach disadvantage - and against someone who's an elite striker himself.

I don't see this going well for Conor, especially taking into consideration how much more cardio wonderboy has...

Wonderboy isn't even close to Aldo in skill

Only thing he has going for him is a size advantage
Standup-wise? I disagree. He's certainly a lot better defensively than Aldo. Aldo may have better hands but that's it. Leg kicks went away with WEC.

He also has far better cardio than Aldo. He also has quite the size advantage over Conor compared to Aldo who is smaller.

I dont see that as a winnable matchup for conor. It'd be a fun one though and anything could happen. 49-46 wonderboy

Wonderboy should win this. If he fights smart and just counter strikes Conor I see him getting the edge.

He is bigger and should have the reach advantage especially with the kicks. He would keep Conor at a distance and land big shots when Conor is coming in.

Conor loves having the reach, it helps his style

Don't get me wrong, he found nates chin easy enough, but wonder boy is much more elusive and patient

I think wonderboy is too big and has great striking skills

He would easily weather the storm early and likely knock conor out in the 3rd or 4th

Pettis showed he can be knocked out, but that was a freak result

I would definitely put money on Stevie boy

Standup-wise? I disagree. He's certainly a lot better defensively than Aldo. Aldo may have better hands but that's it. Leg kicks went away with WEC.

He also has far better cardio than Aldo. He also has quite the size advantage over Conor compared to Aldo who is smaller.
Aldo is much better defensively. Wonderboy has been dropped/KO'd by dudes like Ellenberger, Woodley, Brown, and Pettis.
False

But then again you probably think Conor sleeps Jones and Ngannou too
Wonderboy is a nobody

Aldo is a top 6 GOAT

If these guys fought next at WW (I know the chance is slim to none but anyway), who would you take?

I'd personally love to see this matchup and how Conor would handle the striking of WB.

I'd say that Wonderboy is a far better counterstriker than Conor is and excels at hurting people on the back foot. Nightmare match up for Conor who likes to put pressure and stalk his opponents.

Hmm Prime Wonderbody probably handles him, but he's a bit older now and a slightly more chinny. Might have to favor Conor tbh

Back