Bisping putting the Schmo over

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Holy shit that character change when the glasses came off though... really went full WWE with that character. And somehow he is the most trendy journo in MMA just now.

Fair play to Shmo for trying something different.

If you are a boring fucker - you should stay that way, if you're not- then you get attention for who you are.
If you are a boring fucker most likely you are hard honest worker. Not everytime, but most of the times. If you are a fun charachter you are lazy as fuck and nobody can rely on you to do anything. Not everytime, but most of the times.
The best combo is to be boring fucker who pretends to be interesting, so you do what you are supposed to do AND you are entertaining to be around. If you don't hurt anybody and you do your work and feed your family, people who gives a shit if you are genuine or not should be ignored.

Hate the fact that people have to create "personas" to become relevant. 2020 the year of schizophrenia?

If you are a boring fucker - you should stay that way, if you're not- then you get attention for who you are.

If you have the ability to create a persona that isn't boring, are you actually boring then? Why isn't the persona that you create part of you?

Yeah that guy needs to drop the schtick.

If you have the ability to create a persona that isn't boring, are you actually boring then? Why isn't the persona that you create part of you?
Everyone has that ability. You just can't say "im ready, im excited, i had a great training camp, nothing but respect, he's a tough guy"

I hadn't seen Bisping's podcast before

I think he has potential because he's sharp and funny but he needs to do something with the production, particularly the sound
It’s really good. One of the better podcasts out there. The comedian Luis J Gomes he does it with is funny.

Everyone has that ability. You just can't say "im ready, im excited, i had a great training camp, nothing but respect, he's a tough guy"

I don't get the point. We're not talking about fighters, are we? Isn't this about the schmo?

I don't get the point. We're not talking about fighters, are we? Isn't this about the schmo?
I mentioned mma fighters, because creating personas among that community is getting more and more popular.

Journalists are mostly yes men, so schmoe with his moronic shtick doesnt bring anything. What i want is a journalist who asks tough questions (reebok deal, usada, 165 weight class, wmma, flyweight) - here's how you get popular as a journalist, without creating moronic pseudo-funny personality, im tired of john fatman morgan and other soyboys praising Dana on every occasion.

I mentioned mma fighters, because creating personas among that community is getting more and more popular.

Journalists are mostly yes men, so schmoe with his moronic shtick doesnt bring anything. What i want is a journalist who asks tough questions (reebok deal, usada, 165 weight class, wmma, flyweight) - here's how you get popular as a journalist, without creating moronic pseudo-funny personality, im tired of john fatman morgan and other soyboys praising Dana on every occasion.

I hate the schmo, as I find his schtick annoying. But I'm not opposed to creating personas. And Schmo has got a point: It's working. He's actually getting fighters to lower their guards so we get to see more of their personality when joking around and relaxing. That's cool.

Serious journalism could easily exist side by side with Schmo - the two aren't mutually exclusive.

What a phony. Nardwuar is the GOAT

Screen-Shot-2018-12-27-at-1.06.56-PM.jpg

I watched that guy once, never again. Holy fuck people are annoying these days. No clue how anyone could listen to that guy.

Back