Kamaru Usman reason for not wanting to fight Israel Adesanya

CallMeCasual

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So the reason for not wanting to move up and fight Adesanya is because they are both Nigerian. Is that really a good reason for not wanting to challenge someone for a title, just because you come from the same country as someone else? He rather has two Nigerians having one belt each than him holding both WW and MW and cementing himself among the greats.

Now, I don't have anything against Usman, I think he's great and IMO clearly the best in the WW division, and I do feel like he could do well in the MW division. But this argument that you won't fight someone just because they come from the same country as you are a bit flawed in my opinion. Nigeria has a population of almost 200 million people, comparable to Brazil.

Yeah, I'm not taking it for that reason either.

Wasn't this guy mocking Mas for not wanting a title shot, like this week?
But suddenly the important value of the Nigerian brotherhood is too important to him?

Last edited:
No one's really asking for that fight soooo........
I would like to see that fight, I do believe Usman is going to win easily vs Masvidal and realistically he doesn't have much competition in WW, and he's a massive WW. I just find it odd that he would not fight someone because they come from the same country, Americans fight each other all the time. If he said that he would not fight Adesanya because they are friends or because he doesn't want to move up I could accept it.

Didn’t Cyborg used to use that excuse?

lol... In hindsight she definitely never should have fought Amanda.

I would like to see that fight, I do believe Usman is going to win easily vs Masvidal and realistically he doesn't have much competition in WW, and he's a massive WW. I just find it odd that he would not fight someone because they come from the same country, Americans fight each other all the time. If he said that he would not fight Adesanya because they are friends or because he doesn't want to move up I could accept it.
So basically you want that fight and nobody else on Earth asked for it but you want to know why he doesnt take that fight? Am I missing any details here?

lol, no
its stylistically not favorite him
he got nothing vs a long great counter puncher
Of course, it's not a favorable matchup for him, but that's not what the thread is about. It's if not fighting someone from the same country as you are a good argument? The reason he did not want to fight against Khabib is that it's his brother according to him. Now I can accept that reasoning, but not wanting to fight someone because you were born in the same country is really not good reasoning IMO.

I'm not saying he has to move up and I would understand if he did not want that fight, due to the stylistic matchup.

So basically you want that fight and nobody else on Earth asked for it but you want to know why he doesnt take that fight? Am I missing any details here?
summed it up bro

After Usman beats Masvidal that will be something more want's to see. He has beaten everyone in the top 5 with a win against Mas.

My question was if that is good reasoning, not wanting to move up because they are both Nigerians, can you read?

After Usman beats Masvidal that will be something more want's to see. He has beaten everyone in the top 5 with a win against Mas.

My question was if that is good reasoning, not wanting to move up because they are both Nigerians, can you read?
So basically you are asking for a fight nobody 9n earth requested with the exception of yourself and wondering why Usman doesnt take it?

Yeah, I'm not taking it for that reason either.

Wasn't this guy mocking Mas for not wanting a title shot, like this week?
But suddenly the important value of the Nigerian brotherhood is too important to him?
Usman and Mas hate each other

Usman and Izzy are friends, how do you not understand this lol

Plus he has no obligation to move up to 185

Well youre not in his shoes. Maybe to him its like fighting a brother idk

So basically you are asking for a fight nobody 9n earth requested with the exception of yourself and wondering why Usman doesnt take it?
Why are you arguing about that? My question is if it's good reasoning for not wanting a fight because they are both from the same country? You really try to win an argument against me about something I really weren't arguing about. You really like to be a pain in the ass. Are you still mad at me for trolling you about the Jones loss against Reyes, where you called me a racist for no apparent reason, remember that?

Why are you arguing about that? My question is if it's good reasoning for not wanting a fight because they are both from the same country? You really try to win an argument against me about something I really weren't arguing about. You really like to be a pain in the ass. Are you still mad at me for trolling you about the Jones loss against Reyes, where you called me a racist for no apparent reason, remember that?
what.
giphy.gif

Usman ain't gonna fight his friend... they have no reason to fight.

So many other options lined up for both of them.

Back