Had Paul Daley not been banished...

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 359865

Could he have ever become a UFC WW champ? Which guys in the current top 5 do you think he could beat?

He lost to Kos then flipped his lid. So I really doubt he could ever become the champ. And any decent wrestler beats him. So he couldn’t be the champ now, either.

Nah he was violated by Rory Mac he's top 10 but only barely

I don't know if he'd get his hands on the belt, but he very well might have the gnarliest left hook in MMA

I think only champion he would have had a chance against is Robbie Lawler.

WW has been dominated by great wrestlers for a long long time.

Banishing Daley was horse shit, some of these guys on the roster beat their fucking wives harder than daley hit koscheck and still collect a UFC paycheck.

I dont see him being a champ but dudes pure violence, rarely a dull fight. Both him and larkin deserve to be in the UFC.

Could he have ever become a UFC WW champ? Which guys in the current top 5 do you think he could beat?
No way in hell he ever becomes champ. He never closed that gap in the wrestling which got him banned in the first place. Lets look at the top 5:
upload_2020-5-26_19-26-19.png
Easy win for Usman, Woodley, or Covington who would easily out grapple him. Masvidal he'd have a chance with but he's too one dimentional and would probably lose a decision because he doesn't really kick and Masvidal can mix it up. Edwards would be interesting but again, I think is Edwards wanted to he could strickly grapple and beat him. Thompson would be similar to the Venom Page fight the difference being he wouldn't be able to take him down and would get outstruck every round if not finished.

he couldn't be anyone in the current top 5 and couldnt beat anyone in the top 15 for that matter

Too one-dimensional to ever become WW champ. He would have stuck around the lower end of the top 10 and perhaps even cracked the top 5 with the right matchups though.

I was a bit Semtex fan and thought he got a raw deal getting banished.

He was a beast standup fighter and at his best would be a solid contender, but not a champ. Too susceptible to elite wrestlers/grapplers.

As everyone else says, he never rounded out his game enough to reach that point. LW and WW have been the most wrestler-dominated divisions since they were started, and that's more true now than ever before.

He can't wreslte, he's old now, and the UFC WW is the most wrestler heavy division out there. He wouldn't have beat GSP or Hendricks either.

Last edited:
Nah he had too many holes to ever be champ. One of the hardest punchers ever tho

Koscheck was able to hold him down for 15 minutes...

I’m sure many of the other wrestlers at 170 would have been able to do the same thing...

Back