Rumored Brandon Shaub Suspected Of Insider Trading

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tdfq33m4rw051.jpg

He’s definitely the type to stupidly admit to something like that and not realize the problem. But it’s white collar crime in Trump’s America. He’s more likely to get an encouraging tweet than punishment.

Schaub is GOAT Comedian because he is so painfully unfunny you cant but to laugh at the guy

Here's the video of brenon not being able to keep his mouth shut.. yet again.

He’s definitely the type to stupidly admit to something like that and not realize the problem. But it’s white collar crime in Trump’s America. He’s more likely to get an encouraging tweet than punishment.

Nah.

What's Rogan's deal with Spotify? Just that he moved to it? He's not like he's got a controlling part of it or affecting the company internally, other than being a talent, right? That's not really insider trading far as I know. If a musician told someone he was changing record labels, they could invest in that new label.

*edited for clarity*

Last edited:
Someone with knowledge of stock trading please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it only considered illegal "insider trading" if he were selling / dumping the stocks instead of buying?

In other words, it's perfectly ok for Schaub to buy stocks but not dump stocks.

In a way, it's kind of like betting in sports. It is legal to bet ("buy stocks") on your friends to win, but it is illegal to bet against ("sell stocks") yourself / your friend, knowing that you or your friend would purposely throw the fight.

i took a look i see no apparent jump because of the rogan deal.

How much did he buy per share and how much did Spotify price go up because of Rogan deal?

What's Rogan's deal with Spotify? Just that he moved to it? He's not like part of it or increasing it's stock or anything. That's not really insider trading far as I know. If a musician told someone he was changing record labels, they could invest in that new label.
When one of the most popular podcasts going announces moves to a new platform that most certainly affects stock prices. Spotify stock surged on that announcement. The buzz is it's a 100M deal for rogan

Its crazy that people are so triggered he stopped hillary from being pres that they bring up trump in everything that has nothing to do with him lol.

The amount doesn't matter. I get throwing how much money and followers the podcast has makes the case seem more impactful, but that doesn't define it as insider trading. That's depending on the material known, how public it was, and the timing.

I'd suspect the same could be said when Ninja jumped to Mixer or w/e it's called. Depends what happened with the buyers. And did Joe Rogan tell Schaub? Cuz he'd get in even more trouble. Fact is, there seems to be nothing here that says it definitely happened how it is plainly illegal to be.

When one of the most popular podcasts going announces moves to a new platform that most certainly affects stock prices. Spotify stock surged on that announcement. The buzz is it's a 100M deal for rogan

lol

I doubt they will recoup their money

insider trading only if Schaub bought shares in The Rogan Experience podcast lol

What's Rogan's deal with Spotify? Just that he moved to it? He's not like part of it or increasing it's stock or anything. That's not really insider trading far as I know. If a musician told someone he was changing record labels, they could invest in that new label.

Spotify stocks gained nearly 9% the day of the anouncement

Schaub also made a apololgy for telling that Rogan loves to slanging dick.

I don't see the problem. He would've been an idiot to not buy some stock. So it's only a crime if he publicly admits it?

His friend tells him in general conversation that he has a deal with spotify on the table. His friend happens to have the most popular podcast out right now...and that's a crime because he bought some stock?

I thought insider trading was more along the lines of "spotify is going bankrupt" so he sells all of his spotify stock before they publicly announce it.

Maybe somebody else knows a lot more than I do about this, but it doesn't sound like he committed a crime.

Back