Why Sambo wrestling destroys American wrestling (Khabib Sons the WW division)

UFCHasNoPride

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its no coincidence these wrestlers that are hailed as Gods get consistently destroyed when they come up against Dagestani Caucus muscle.

The biggest problem is the coaches in American wrestling are obsessed with physical prowess and athleticism. Its like a fetish. No wonder the collegiate system is filled with weirdo pedo trainers like in Penn state. Just look at their takedowns, its all out of sheer power and speed, no emphasis on IQ or technique.

Contrast this with Eastern block wrestling, which foregoes physicality for IQ and technique. Judo throws, sweeps and trips, Japanese Jiujitsu type control of the opponents body and overall wider fluid weaponry in terms of takedowns than boring old double leg, shooting down low, german suplexes YAWN.

Then once the guy is taken down, American wrestling is just get the dude on his knees and hump him down and just not let him get up. Lay and pray. YAWN. Sambo, once hes down, look at Khabib, constantly moving, constantly transitioning to better positions, looking to trap and completely immobilise his opponents, Sambo's even got BJJ submissions, guard work, top control, transitioning EVERYTHING.

Usman, Colby, Woodley and Gaithje are DORKS. Khabib smokes all four without even breaking a sweat. Usman and Colby were so unconfident in their own grappling abilities, they both decide not to engage in their STRENGTH and put on that embarrassment of amateur striking. You think Khabib would refuse a grappling challenge with ANYONE? Please. WW is just as easier of a division for Khabib than LW. Khabib dominates Usman who is a discount Khabib and worse than him everywhere including striking. Colby is a joke. Woodley if he can use his TDD and physicality and GSP style the fight, its a maybe.

Last edited:
Its no coincidence these wrestlers that are hailed as Gods get consistently destroyed when they come up against Dagestani Caucus muscle.

The biggest problem is the coaches in American wrestling are obsessed with physical prowess and athleticism. Its like a fetish. No wonder the collegiate system is filled with weirdo pedo trainers like in Penn state. Just look at their takedowns, its all out of sheer power and speed, no emphasis on IQ or technique.

Contrast this with Eastern block wrestling, which foregoes physicality for IQ and technique. Judo sweeps and trips, Japanese Jiujitsu type control of the opponents body and overall wider fluid weaponry in terms of takedowns than boring old double leg, shooting down low, german suplexes YAWN.

Then once the guy is taken down, American wrestling is just get the dude on his knees and hump him down and just not let him get up. Lay and pray. YAWN. Sambo, once hes down, look at Khabib, constantly moving, constantly transitioning to better positions, looking to trap and completely immobilise his opponents, Sambo's even got BJJ submissions, guard work, top control, transitioning EVERYTHING.

Usman, Colby, Woodley and Gaithje are DORKS. Khabib smokes all four without even breaking a sweat. Usman and Colby were so unconfident in their own grappling abilities, they both decide not to engage in their STRENGTH and put on that embarrassment of amateur striking. You think Khabib would refuse a grappling challenge with ANYONE? Please. WW is just as easier of a division for Khabib than LW. Khabib dominates Usman who is a discount Khabib and worse than him everywhere including striking. Colby is a joke. Woodley if he can use his TDD and physicality and GSP style the fight, its a maybe.
Totally not a biased fanboy shitpost.

Thanks for your contribution to society TS.

Khabib sons WW...well, what's he waiting for then?

Beats American Wrestling?

tenor.gif

Usman striking is impressive. Consistent power, good speed, good pressure and can maintain it for 5 straight.

I don't get when people say 'Sambo has this and that', Sambo is basically 'MMA' in Russia, there's sambo guys with terrible ground game, there's no such thing as 'sambo wrestling', watch some sambo matches they don't even all wrestle the same or use same techniques, its almost like saying 'UFC wrestling' is better than 'Bellator wrestling'

Last edited:
I think khabib would have trouble at WW. At least more so then at LW.

Contrast this with Eastern block wrestling, which foregoes physicality for IQ and technique. Judo sweeps and trips, Japanese Jiujitsu type control of the opponents body and overall wider fluid weaponry in terms of takedowns than boring old double leg, shooting down low, german suplexes YAWN.

Good points TS. I don't agree with all of it but with a majority I do.

I do have to say tho Usman is my favorite US wrestler. He's physical big but I don't think he relies much speed or explosiveness. He got shot knees and usually goes for singles. He's not as active as Khabib on the ground but he's not like the majority lay and pray american wrestlers.

I do find it concering that he didn't use his wrestling against Colby. Because I believe he would have dominated Colby more if he did use it. I believe Usman had a bad game plan and fought a bad fight but still managed to take the win despite him tanking himself lol

I hope he goes back to his wrestling in the eventual rematch and stops letting his ego get to him.

Usman could use some training for Khabib and Abdulmanap to get to the next level. Lets hope that when Abdulmanap beats this virus and recovers to full health Usman makes a trip to Dagestan :D

Usman Bless
Abdulmanap
Khabib Bless

618809-29f18f5a26ab8949f4357f14fcf4a2cd.png

I don't get when people say 'Sambo has this and that', Sambo is basically 'MMA' in Russian, there's sambo guys with terrible ground game, there's no such thing as 'sambo wrestling', watch some sambo matches they don't even all wrestle the same or use same techniques, its almost like saying 'UFC wrestling' is better than 'Bellator wrestling'

Alright then Eastern block wrestling. Look at the list of winners in the olympics the past few olympics. All from the eastern block and its in FREESTYLE WRESTLING, a type of wrestling from the American system and they dominate them AT THEIR OWN GAME.

I know everything you said def ruffled the feathers around here but I get what you’re saying, I really do. You even brought some good points I snickered at like, “Colby and Usman decided to NOT use their strengths” LoL.

I agree with everything except the fact that WW would be a problem physically for Khabib, not technique-wise. There is a reason he rather lose the weight and reign LW.

Good points TS. I don't agree with all of it but with a majority I do.

I do have to say tho Usman is my favorite US wrestler. He's physical big but I don't think he relies much speed or explosiveness. He got shot knees and usually goes for singles. He's not as active as Khabib on the ground but he's not like the majority lay and pray american wrestlers.

I do find it concering that he didn't use his wrestling against Colby. Because I believe he would have dominated Colby more if he did use it. I believe Usman had a bad game plan and fought a bad fight but still managed to take the win despite him tanking himself lol

I hope he goes back to his wrestling in the eventual rematch and stops letting his ego get to him.

Usman could use some training for Khabib and Abdulmanap to get to the next level. Lets hope that when Abdulmanap beats this virus and recovers to full health Usman makes a trip to Dagestan :D

Usman Bless
Abdulmanap
Khabib Bless

View attachment 771609

Thanks. Good suggestions as well, Usman should honestly switch camps to AKA so he has consistent exposure to Dagestan wrestling.

Colby would make easy work of Khabib

Khabib probably smashes Usman though

I know everything you said def ruffled the feathers around here but I get what you’re saying, I really do. You even brought some good points I snickered at like, “Colby and Usman decided to NOT use their strengths” LoL.

I agree with everything except the fact that WW would be a problem physically for Khabib, not technique-wise. There is a reason he rather lose the weight and reign LW.

Thanks. And yeah that is why I think Woodley offers the biggest challenge to Khabib. If Woodley ever comes up against Khabib, he needs to do what he has been doing in his past fights, stay on the outside, use the jab, GSP the fight, use his physicality to avoid takedowns, just watch tape of Tibau and GSP over and over and over.

Back