Why is fence grabbing not allowed?

Straatblaffer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Maybe the answer is easy,but I don't really understand why fence grabbing is not allowed, especially when ur down. I actually believe fights will be more dynamic, as its way easier to get up.

Is it dangerous for the fingers that may get stuck? Or is there another logical reason?

Because fighters can have their fingers or toes ripped off.

They don’t enforce it so it basically is legal

Safety of the fighters fingers. You can find videos of why the rule is in place.

Way to easy to defend takedowns if it's allowed. I would like it to be legal to help you get back up though.

I think aside from the obvious potential for gruesome injuries, seeing guys cling to the fence to avoid TDs is just kind of bitch. Using it for leverage is a bit different than using it as a crutch.

Kinda introduces a ridiculous and potentially dangerous variable.

b0WQR+(1).gif

Edit: Also gives a weird array of techniques to guys on top on the ground, see later posts for Tank Abbot video.

Last edited:
I hate when guys fence grab but I feel like you should be allowed to reach over the top of the fence to prevent the other guy from slamming you on your head

Last edited:
because TD fighters use valuable energy to get takedowns and keep their opponents there.. grabbing the fence while being picked up and potentially slammed like rose namajunas can change the course of a fight. it also has an effect on vegas bets and gasses TD fighters faster.

Fence grabbing is the foul that pisses me off the most, like I get genuinely pissed when a guy grabs the fence so he doesn’t get taken down.

because TD fighters use valuable energy to get takedowns and keep their opponents there.. grabbing the fence while being picked up and potentially slammed like rose namajunas can change the course of a fight. it also has an effect on vegas bets and gasses TD fighters faster.
Pretty sure the rule has nothing to do with gambling

and 5 seconds later Mendes was KOd on the canvas.. lol gotta feel fucked after that

Li13DEM.gif

Lol, yeah. Ref fucked up bad. Should've been a clean break and taken a point immediately.

Mario bless.

Mario-Yamasaki-referee.jpg

That might be true, but it's not the reason.

Jam a finger in a chain fence real good and get a friend double leg you with all his body weight. If he does a good job then you can give him a hi-4 afterwards.

As long as they allow biting, I’m good with it..

and 5 seconds later Mendes was KOd on the canvas.. lol gotta feel fucked after that

Yeah that's not a fun flight back to Cali

"HE GRABBED THE FENCE!" -Mendes

"I know man. I know." -Faber

"HOW DID THE REF NOT SEE HIM GRAB THE FENCE?!" -Mendes

"I gotta get some rest Chad" - Faber

Back