You get 3 fighters from each division in their PRIME to bet your house on. Who you picking?

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I started this in another thread but it got me thinking. I think most people's #1 choices are going to be obvious. But what if we have to pick 3?

EDIT: These are fighters in their PRIME.. Not current versions.

Team #1:
Fedor
Jones
Anderson
GSP
Khabib
Aldo
Cruz
MM

Team #2:
Stipe
Shogun
Hendo
Usman
BJ
Hallloway
Barao
Cejudo

Team #3:
Nog
DC
Sakuraba
Woodley
Gomi
Edgar
Faber
Benevides

Granted there are some good 125-145 I'm not aware of from Pride, Bellator, and One. I had a hard time no putting Wandy, Cro Cop, Kawajiri, Hughes, and many more. But this is the list I can think of if I HAD to bet my house and put my top 3 teams togther

Last edited:
I started this in another thread but it got me thinking. I think most people's #1 choices are going to be obvious. But what if we have to pick 3?

Team #1:
Fedor
Jones
Anderson
GSP
Khabib
Aldo
Cruz
MM

Team #2:
Stipe
Shogun
Hendo
Usman
BJ
Hallloway
Barao
Cejudo

Team #3:
Nog
DC
Sakuraba
Woodley
Gomi
Edgar
Faber
Benevides

Granted there are some good 125-145 I'm not aware of from Pride, Bellator, and One. I had a hard time no putting Wandy, Cro Cop, Kawajiri, Hughes, and many more. But this is the list I can think of if I HAD to bet my house and put my top 3 teams togther
You put a guy with a .500 record in a list of people you'd bet your house on?

Interesting thread, don't get me wrong, but strange choices imo.

HW: Francis, Stipe, Fedor
LHW: Jones, DC, Rumble
MW: Israel, Costa, Silva
WW: GSP, Usman, Hughes
LW: Khabib, Gaethje, Ferguson
FW: Aldo, McGregor, Holloway
BW: Cruz, TJ, Cejudo
FLW: DJ, Benavidez, McCall

If this looks like a lack of respect for the older legends, it's because MMA has advanced and realistically today's fighter's are - for the most part - better than their 00's and 90's counterparts.

Last edited:
Rickson
Fulton
Severn

I don't get it

I made it confusing. But basically if you had to pick 1 person to win a fight in each division, who would you pick. And I made it 3 teams b/c everyone would basically have the same Team 1 more or less with Fedor, Bones, Anderson, GSP, etc.

Team #1:
Fedor
Jones
Anderson
GSP
Khabib
Aldo
Cruz
MM

Team #2:
Stipe
Shogun
Hendo
Usman
BJ
Hallloway
Barao
Cejudo

Team #3:
Nog
DC
Sakuraba
Woodley
Gomi
Edgar
Faber
Benevides

Styles make fights. That would be extremely unwise as anything can happen in ANY fight.

You put a guy with a .500 record in a list of people you'd bet your house on?

Interesting thread, don't get me wrong, but strange choices imo.

Which .500 guy btw? I kind of lost focus at some of the tiers for lower weights. I don't know enough about the other leagues or someone like Vokannovski but he may be a solid choice.

Why am I seeing people say fedor? Current fedor got knocked out by matt mitrone. Theres no way in hell.id bet on him unless I did t want my house anymore.

Styles make fights. That would be extremely unwise as any can happen in ANY fight.

Oh absolutley, that's why I'd choose guys who seem a litlte more "safe' yet great. Like I think Cro Cop could be anyone, but he's also far riskier than someone like DC or even Nog IMO. So I tried to pick guys who control the pace and don't usually do dumb things.....like Chuck's style is a bit wild in KO or be KO'd.....I don't like that if I'm betting my house.

Why am I seeing people say fedor? Current fedor got knocked out by matt mitrone. Theres no way in hell.id bet on him unless I did t want my house anymore.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I figured it was implied but it was supposed to be PRIME version of that fighter. My bad. I'll edit.

Which .500 guy btw? I kind of lost focus at some of the tiers for lower weights. I don't know enough about the other leagues or someone like Vokannovski but he may be a solid choice.
BJ bro. Granted, his prime was legendary, but I don't know if his body of work as a whole amounts to someone I'd bet the house on.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I figured it was implied but it was supposed to be PRIME version of that fighter. My bad. I'll edit.
Makes more sense now. Prime fedor is a solid choice but current fedor is wtf inducing

Strawweight: Thug (when not depressed or an emotional train-wreck)
Flyweight: The Bullet
Bantamweight: The Lioness
Featherweight: Cyborg

The Bullet and the bull dike seem to be sure things these days....

YA, I didn't include WMMA but maybe should have. Those 2 are pretty much locks at FW, BW, and FlyW. I have no idea who to pick after them or in the lower divisions though . Zhang? Rose? JJ? Andrade? Who besides Bullet?

I get what you're saying but at HW, you can still get slumped with or without a shot chin. His skills still hold up imo, although he's definitely lost some pace.

BJ bro. Granted, his prime was legendary, but I don't know if his body of work as a whole amounts to someone I'd bet the house on.

I wasn't clear originally. I'm talking the BJ that was on a rolll for a while. But ya, I don't trust him much. He's a guy that could lose to anyone but could also beat anyone in prime.

Back