Would Usman be too embarrassed to panic wrestle Conor?

Seismic

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It certainly would look terrible if a 200lb+ "monster" couldn't do what FW Max Holloway did and stand and bang with Conor.

Usman would have to retire in shame if after tasting that left hand he sought the safety of the ground like Khabib did.

He will be under enormous pressure to stand toe to toe and in that scenario it's advantage Conor. Usman has neither the striking or chin that Nate possesses. Conor dispatches him in the 2nd round.

Tons of troll threads to start the week.
Sherdog starting the week strong

Happy memorial day to y'all.
Enjoy the BBQs and family time

What is it with this panic wrestling bullshit this is mma and uaman is a wrestler.:confused:

There would be no panic involved. Usman would calmly take Conor down at will and brutalize him.

You do know that this is MMA and not kickboxing ...right? There is no shame in a grappler grappling.

He will shoot in 2 seconds flat and feel absolutely no embarrassment at all in holding him down for 5 rounds and easily Winning.

This is panic wrestling:

conor.gif

He will be under enormous pressure to stand toe to toe

Of all the times I've said "this is the dumbest thing I have ever read on Sherdog", this might actually be the dumbest thing I've ever read on Sherdog.

Last edited:
I don't think it's considered panic wrestling when you're a, you know... a wrestler? Panic wrestling is what Conor did in the first Nate fight shortly before he got choked out.

The real question is would Conor have the balls to grapple with a world class athlete like Usman?

It wouldn't look terrible at all if Usman didn't stand and bang with Conor.

He's a wrestler, and a damn good one - if he's smart he won't let Conor loose once he gets a hold of him and continues to wear him down.

But even if not, Usman's chin isn't bad and with his long reach (quite a bit longer than Conor's) and the physical prowess he has, standing with Usman won't be easy for Conor either.

Time has proven again and again how much being the better wrestler and having that threat on your side enhances the striking of one by a significant margin.

It's only panic wrestling if you shoot on a superior grappler after getting pieced up on the feet

Otherwise it's just wrestling brah

He wouldn't panic wrestle but he would wrestle with Conor starting at the opening bell like he often does.

You would think since Conor coined that phrase, that his fans would understand what it means

A wrestler going for takedowns is not panic wrestling

Usman's verbal promise not to grapple won't be enough! It should be signed in the contract. They should also fight with boxing gloves!

It's only panic wrestling if you shoot on a superior grappler after getting pieced up on the feet

Otherwise it's just wrestling brah

You're expecting a bit much from Conor fans if you think they can grasp that very simple concept.

Back