Media TheWeasle: Khabib vs. Gaethje FIGHT BREAKDOWN

Do The Evolution

ballsbreaker
@purple
Reaction score

Interesting breakdown from one of the more astute MMA channels on YouTube

Cliffs
- says Gaethje is a great wrestler, but is nonetheless ill - prepared for Khabib's wrestling style, which isn't anything like American freestyle wrestling (the difference between the two styles is wider than, say, Dutch Muay Thai vs. Thai Muay Thai, or European boxing vs. American boxing)
- Khabib has trained with great American wrestlers since coming over to America, thereby learning and expanding his wrestling acumen. Gaethje, on the other hand, is only used to freestyle up to this point. Hence, Khabib is very familiar with Gaethje's than Gaethje is with Khabib's
- Khabib is nigh - unstoppable when pressing opponents against the cage, but it still doesn't matter even if Gaethje manages to limit their exchange at the center
- cites how other MMA fighters are now mimicking Khabib's style (e.g. Overeem vs. Harris)
- Khabib's style is becoming a martial art in itself
- Tony, not Justin, matches up better against Khabib
- Gaethje has striking advantage, but one cannot underestimate Khabib's striking (getting better)

I want to know what how the experts feel about Justin's calf kicks, and how they'll affect Khabib. I think Justin will throw a lot of them when he's away from the cage.

I want to know what how the experts feel about Justin's calf kicks, and how they'll affect Khabib. I think Justin will throw a lot of them when he's away from the cage.
Weasle thinks Khabib will eagerly take advantage by catching the kicks to get the fight to the ground.

Weasle thinks Khabib will eagerly take advantage by catching the kicks to get the fight to the ground.

Justin throws them so hard and fast though, Khabib usually puts together his takedowns against the cage by using his chain wrestling. It's gonna be interesting.

Thanks for the Video and props for the Cliff notes .
I will watch later when I get the chance .
Interesting to see he see tony as a better match against Khabib ( so do I personally but I often get match ups wrong as I judge based on heart not head )

Thanks for the Video and props for the Cliff notes .
I will watch later when I get the chance .
Interesting to see he see tony as a better match against Khabib ( so do I personally but I often get match ups wrong as I judge based on heart not head )
My pleasure, bud. :)

Interesting breakdown from one of the more astute MMA channels on YouTube

Cliffs
- says Gaethje is a great wrestler, but is nonetheless ill - prepared for Khabib's wrestling style, which isn't anything like American freestyle wrestling (the difference between the two styles is wider than, say, Dutch Muay Thai vs. Thai Muay Thai, or European boxing vs. American boxing)
- Khabib has trained with great American wrestlers since coming over to America, thereby learning and expanding his wrestling acumen. Gaethje, on the other hand, is only used to freestyle up to this point. Hence, Khabib is very familiar with Gaethje's than Gaethje is with Khabib's
- Khabib is nigh - unstoppable when pressing opponents against the cage, but it still doesn't matter even if Gaethje manages to limit their exchange at the center
- cites how other MMA fighters are now mimicking Khabib's style (e.g. Overeem vs. Harris)
- Khabib's style is becoming a martial art in itself
- Tony, not Justin, matches up better against Khabib
- Gaethje has striking advantage, but one cannot underestimate Khabib's striking (getting better)

Is that your video

Everyone here needs to go watch his channel, he's the best MMA channel on YouTube, and has great analysises.

We'll khabib doesnt really stand in range for anything, the new evolution of khabib that we first saw vs conor and then porrier is very light on his feet and stays away from pretty much anything until he decides to close the distance.
His style is just... Very akward tbh.
Hard to prepare for.
Everyone spends all their time working on TD in their camp but once they get in there with him, they are always suprised just how akwardly effective he is on his feet.
Intresting to see what justin can come up with

Ariel should sue him for trademark infringements
There’s only one weasel in MMA pal, you cannot rewrite history
He might as well call himself Minotauro

We'll khabib doesnt really stand in range for anything, the new evolution of khabib that we first saw vs conor and then porrier is very light on his feet and stays away from pretty much anything until he decides to close the distance.
His style is just... Very akward tbh.
Hard to prepare for.
Everyone spends all their time working on TD in their camp but once they get in there with him, they are always suprised just how akwardly effective he is on his feet.
Intresting to see what justin can come up with

I love your posts bro, you put a lot of thought and insight into them.

Gaethje isn't a freestyle wrestler–he's a folkstyle wrestler. I assume you simply made an error, but you called him a freestyle wrestler multiple times.

Gaethje isn't a freestyle wrestler–he's a folkstyle wrestler. I assume you simply made an error, but you called him a freestyle wrestler multiple times.
Oops. My bad. I meant to say "American style" wrestling, which Weasle referred to a couple of times in the vid, alluding to Dagestani wrestling as being different from that in the States. Not a practitioner or a keen expert by any means; I often struggle differentiating between freestyle and folkstyle.

The weasel's whole assessment is predicated on Khabib being able to get Gaethje to the cage. I'm not sure how he's going to do that. Gaethe's footwork is very good, and pressuring someone like gaethe is dangerous considering how good he is at countering.

Khabib should be the favorite, but I don't know. I think Gaethje can find a way in this one. I like both guys a lot, but I'll root for the underdog in Gaethje.

The weasel's whole assessment is predicated on Khabib being able to get Gaethje to the cage. I'm not sure how he's going to do that. Gaethe's footwork is very good, and pressuring someone like gaethe is dangerous considering how good he is at countering.

Khabib should be the favorite, but I don't know. I think Gaethje can find a way in this one.
He mentions how he doesn't think Gaethje will be able to stop TDs even in the center of the cage, though. Think he means Khabib's relentlessness? TD attempt after TD attempt till he finally gets one and pins Gaethje for good (Justin has easily sprung back up the 2 or 3 times he's been taken down in the UFC though)

Everyone here needs to go watch his channel, he's the best MMA channel on YouTube, and has great analysises.

He's good, but he flip flops a lot. Before the Tony vs. Gaethje fight he was pretty certain that Tony would win. After the fight he said he doesn't see tony ever beating Gaethje. Captain hindsight. He picks a lot of fights incorrectly, but that's to be expected as no one can predict MMA. Overall he is good though, better than a lot of other fanmade MMA youtube channels.

Back