Media Who scored Adesanya vs Romero for Adesanya here?

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Maybe at the moment you thought that because you are an Adesanya fan... Or maybe because you was just mad because the fight was boring. But if you watch the fight now with cabeza fría now, calm.. You gotta see that Romero won that fight...

He clearly won R1 and R5 (crazy to think that one of the judges gave Adesanya 49-46), R2 was for Romero, the he connected the best shots in that round.

R4 the strikes were Adesanya 12 vs 8 Romero, but everyone knows of course Romero connected the best shots. But even if you give that round to Adesanya it's ok, Romero won 48-47 (3-2)

Watch:

Shitty fight, a lot of inactivity, gun to my head... Adesanya

Maybe at the moment you thought that because you are an Adesanya fan... Or maybe because you was just mad because the fight was boring. But if you watch the fight now with cabeza fría now, calm.. You gotta see that Romero won that fight...

He clearly won R1 and R5 (crazy to think that one of the judges gave Adesanya 49-46), R2 was for Romero, the he connected the best shots in that round.

R4 the strikes were Adesanya 12 vs 8 Romero, but everyone knows of course Romero connected the best shots. But even if you give that round to Adesanya it's ok, Romero won 48-47 (3-2)

Watch:

Romero didn't win that fight because Romero didn't even try to fight. You can't do nothing and expect to win. No, he didn't win that fight. On principle, he didn't win that fight.

One of the worst title fights I've seen in a long time. Stopped trying to figure out who was winning by the middle of it. They should both be embarrassed by that performance. They been hanging out with Woodley?

i did...i really could not give it to romero, he was the challenger and should have taken the title away, but danced about like Michael Flatley

If you think the UFC will give Adesanya a decision loss you're delusional unless it's an absolute ass whooping. He's their biggest push after JBJ and Mac who are on the the back halves of their careers. Adensanya ig if I had to pick though.

First thought on this thread. How the fuck a highlight video of that fight gon' be 8 minutes? My second thought is how does one score inaction? If striking is "equal" in that they're both zero, I guess you have to go for "octagon control" between a guy who didn't move forward vs a guy who ran away.

Fuck it, strip em both, and hand Rockhold the belt out of nowhere, so whoever becomes the next champ will at least do it with a satisfying KO.

It was Adesanya’s job to get rid of the threat in front of him and he failed. If there’s no clock or rules Adesanya is in the shadow realm right now watching Naruto reruns in between Hentai.

Damn i had been doing good about forgetting this fight happened.

i scored it for israel. If they gave Yoel a title for his performance that would be ridiculous.

Impact –

A judge shall assess if a fighter impacts their opponent significantly in the round, even though they may not have dominated the action. Impact includes visible evidence such as swelling and lacerations. Impact shall also be assessed when a fighter’s actions, using striking and/or grappling, lead to a diminishing of their opponents’ energy, confidence, abilities and spirit. All of these come as a direct result of impact. When a fighter is impacted with strikes, by lack of control and/or ability, this can create defining moments in the round and shall be assessed with great value.

The impact of Adesanya's attacks on Romero were greater than the impact of Romero's attacks on Adesanya

I did. I wanted Romero to win and still scored it for Izzy. I felt so bummed out by the end of it that I didn't really care.

Terrible fight could have gave it to either man but you know how it works if a fight is really close or really shit then the champion will always get the nod whether you like it or not

Neither fighter engaged like they should have. Both are losers in my book.

When Adesanya attacked first, Romero stood his ground and landed overhand lefts. Every single time. Adesanya did nothing to cover it either.

When Romero attacked first, Adesanya ran for the hills.

I'm not a fan of Romero, but if I have to pick a "winner", then he won that "fight".

They averaged less than 9 attempted strikes a minute.. combined. In the first round, there was an average 3.4 strikes thrown every minute, meaning both fighters each didn't even try to throw more than 2 strikes every single minute, and fans had to sit there thinking "there's 25 minutes of this fight..."

-"Fun" fact.
Kill me.

Adesanya won.

Weili, and Joanna saved that card. The ME was pure trash.

Back