Is UFC's welterweight that good?

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean, a lot of people say that it is waaaay better than Bellator.

How can it be better, if Conor gets the title shot at Usman?

Because UFC's Welterweight is too deep?

tenor.gif

Usman is going to beat him up. Lima would kill him.

Welterweight in Bellator is really bad. Lima would get beaten up by most of the top 15, as would Page, MacDonald and so on.

Welterweight in Bellator is really bad. Lima would get beaten up by most of the top 15, as would Page, MacDonald and so on.
so, according to you, Conor is the second or third best welterweight in the world? hahahahhahahaha

1. your argument is based on ali twitter (repeated twit)
2. considering its a show biz then the consideration are about money and conor is money

I think you may have made a similar thread a few days ago, my friend.

Conor getting a shot doesn't speak to the strength of the WW division. It's not based on merit but it's a way for the UFC to make money and Usman is interested because it's a free win tied to a huge payday and his profile will increase.

Top 5 in WW would all smoke Conor. He struggled vs a gatekeeper in Nate when he claims to have been at the peak of his powers.

What's with all this bellator ww talk?
Just because Lima beat up a washed Rory?

Bellator WW is the same 6-8 guys fighting eachother (except MVP, he fights mostly cans)

Mods ban this bellashit talk from the UFC forum please. It's getting out of hand here.

Thanks in advance

Khabib Bless

618809-29f18f5a26ab8949f4357f14fcf4a2cd.png

I think my favourite implication about this thread is the idea that if Conor got out of his UFC contract and wanted to come to Bellator and fight Lima, that Coker would say no because he isn't ranked highly enough.

tenor.gif
He's not getting it because there's nobody better to fight Usman, he's getting it because he's Conor McGregor.

no one thinks conor has any chance against the welterweight top 5
Actually, I personally think he has the potential to beat Jorge (#3) and Wonderboy (#5).

Don't get me wrong, I'd favour him to lose against both, but I wouldn't be confident enough to put money on it.

Last edited:

tenor.gif
Good question. It's deep but sullied by politics. I think that's the best way to put it. It's like lightweight. Bellator welterweight, even without rory (rory hasn't been around for a while, since the Lina win, he checked) it's got lit fighters like koreshkov, Lima, Larkin, the Gracie who actually strikes, etc.

My biggest problem with welterweight right now is actually jorge. I hate colby but at least colby has challenged himself. Jorge, ever since the knee, has been hunting easy fights. It's pretty lame. I put jorge in the top 4 of that division, since tyron is is constantly falling in and out of love with the sport. But he won't fight anyone of substance. He should've fought leon, but I have him a pass because he was trying to capitalize on the new found clout. Beating diaz, askren and till shouldn't get you a title shot, but he got one. Instead he was trying to angle for a conor fight. It would be lit af but it's not a challenge. He's a superior striker, wrestler, grappler, a marathoner etc. It's too predictable how that fight goes. Jorge vs usman though? Leon? Fucking colby? Sign me up.

WW imo is better than LW. Lw lacks grapplers in the top ten. It's mostly strikers. Apart from charles and Tony, I don't trust anyone on the ground with khabib. Gaethje is also in the clear because he can contend with the wrestling I think. Apart from that what's hooker gonna do to khabib? Slap on a little guillotine? Lol? Conor? Is he gonna "let his hands go this time"? Fielder's elbow mean nothing when khabib is on top of him. Lee will get fucked up. Can't say anything about cdf. Never had the pleasure of watching him. Al iaquinta loses too but his defensive wrestling is great. Cowboy... Interesting but past his prime. Never seen him flattened by wrestlers.

Welterweight... Kamaru has bad knees. I don't know how long he's gonna be at the top for. Maybe he'll reign for a long time maybe not. But there are serious contenders in WW. LW not so much. Ufc Ww is THAT but it's mismanaged.

UFC WWs are lucky Limas not around to butcher them.

Bellator WW division is legit, I thought people would realize that there are some very good and talented fighters in other organizations once Eddie Alvarez went to Asia and got Ko/Tko'd by a relatively unknown fighter.

Lima, MVP and Rory are obviously no joke, and there are a few other ones that would pose a threat to UFC's top 10.

Last edited:
Forget about this usman- Conor noise. I dont know why Usman s manager is going on about this. Guys like the champ and D.Lima would have " in the neighborhood " of 25 pounds on McGregor. It's just not going to happen. I'd even put the " Franklin u gurantee " on it but I could see some silly tentative announcement that , ultimately, never comes to fruition.
I think team Conor might press for a 162.5 division. I say this cause Conor has done everything in his power to put weight on ( and per genetics - has done a decent job) but seems to have hit a wall. Hes been welcoming other lightweights where the participants dont have to cut weight and call it a welterweight fight.

What's with all this bellator ww talk?
Just because Lima beat up a washed Rory?

Bellator WW is the same 6-8 guys fighting eachother (except MVP, he fights mostly cans)

Mods ban this bellashit talk from the UFC forum please. It's getting out of hand here.

Thanks in advance

Khabib Bless

View attachment 771478
6-8 guys? Sounds like some decent depth. Shut your casual ass up back to reddit for you

tenor.gif

Conor getting gifted a title shot has nothing to do with the talent level in the division and you know this.
Thought this was going to be an actual discussion, I'm very disappointed in you.

Bellator WW is better than the UFC’s. Marty Snoozeman is not the best WW in the world. So essentially right now we have the non-best WW in the world vs a career 145er for the title and you’re gonna tell me this is the best WW division in the sport? Yeah sorry I’m going with Bellator any day over this bullshit

Conor getting gifted a title shot has nothing to do with the talent level in the division and you know this.
Thought this was going to be an actual discussion, I'm very disappointed in you.
It most certainly does. This further proves the UFC is a joke. If it was the other way around and Bellator had a 145er fighting for the belt you all wouldn’t let them heard the end of it. The double standards are hilarious

Back