Can Conor jump in to fight Tony?

He called for lockdown for Ireland, held a whole speech. If he would do that and went outside Ireland, it would make him look like a very big hypocrite.

He's been begging to fight Tony?

News to me. Source?

Oh, and no, he cannot nor will not.

He called for lockdown for Ireland, held a whole speech. If he would do that and went outside Ireland, it would make him look like a very big hypocrite.

That's why he did that speech so he could Duck Tony.

No. His strangled carcass is sitting on Nate's fireplace.

I think it’s going to happen—or at least, I think that’s what the UFC is trying to make happen right now. I’ve posted on this a few times in other threads.

I think it’s going to happen—or at least, I think that’s what the UFC is trying to make happen right now. I’ve posted on this a few times in other threads.
I just dont see Conor taking this fight. I can't even see himself visualizing winning this fight tbh.

I just dont see Conor taking this fight. I can't even see himself visualizing winning this fight tbh.
I think Conor would actually prefer to fight Tony, who is much more likely to stand with him than Khabib. We all know Tony has a great ground game, but he’s not going to try and spam takedowns on Conor. I think Conor wants the belt back, and we know Dana wants him in a title fight. Dana already was going to put him against the winner.

Sounds like the ideal scenario for Conor; has a built in excuse

Nah Conor is not a moron like most of you shertards

He’s been begging for this to happen

Conor has likely been hoping to step in and face Khabib for the title, but a short-notice non-title fight with Tony? I don't know...maybe?

As a fan, I would be happier to see Justin-Conor, since I think that fight should be happening anyway, with Tony waiting for Khabib...but I would understand perfectly if Tony chooses to risk his #1 contender slot for the big pay day he would score opposite Conor.

Conor has likely been hoping to step in and face Khabib for the title, but a short-notice non-title fight with Tony? I don't know...maybe?

As a fan, I would be happier to see Justin-Conor, since I think that fight should be happening anyway, with Tony waiting for Khabib...but I would understand perfectly if Tony chooses to risk his #1 contender slot for the big pay day he would score opposite Conor.
Oh, it would be for at least an interim title, you know that. If the UFC didn’t strip Khabib outright. According to Kavanaugh, they’ve intended to prepare for this date anyhow.

Conor doesn't want to fight Tony because he knows he would get fucked up.

It's why he's never chased that fight despite Tony being who he is in the division. Conor only went after Khabib because he had the belt and he had no other choice than moving up or down to avoid him.

Conor knows that Tony will win and it will look bad for his image when he has the look of someone who was just attacked by a gang at 2am outside a gas station thrift store.

I think Conor would actually prefer to fight Tony, who is much more likely to stand with him than Khabib. We all know Tony has a great ground game, but he’s not going to try and spam takedowns on Conor. I think Conor wants the belt back, and we know Dana wants him in a title fight. Dana already was going to put him against the winner.
I see the logic. I just dont ever remember Tony's name coming out of conors mouth.

My perception is this is one of those dont start no shit wont be no shit type of things.

But I've been wrong before.

Conor wants his country lockdowned but yea he's going to fly somewhere to fight tony.

Ffs why can't people just accept the fight was never happening once this shit hit.

Sorry to do the lame thing and repost my own post—but it was kind of long and it’s easier for me to paste it here than retype it. @Wizzlebiz, what are your thoughts?
A variety of possibly random circumstantial evidence :) But hear me out:
-Dana made clear that Conor would get the winner of Tony-Khabib, we know that.
-Interview with John Kavanaugh who says:
“Are we training [after January 18] and looking at that date in April, and peaking with a mindset that we will step in or take a fight against whoever? Then it’s not late notice.”
https://www.scmp.com/sport/martial-...5/ufc-conor-mcgregors-coach-says-its-not-late
-
Conor on Twitter, unprompted, on March 23: “Stay ready.”

-UFC posts free fights on YouTube 5 days ago (March 25). They usually do this to hype the upcoming card. The fights posted: Ferguson vs Nijem (makes sense), Overeem vs Oleinik (makes sense, as Dana said he was trying to include cancelled fights, and Reem’s fight was just cancelled), and Conor vs Brimage (why a Conor fight?) No Khabib fight posted.
-Suddenly we learn Khabib is stuck in Russia. Dana acts like he has no idea why Khabib left the U.S. Khabib says the UFC knew, and told him to.

I smell a rat, sir.

edit: adding to this post, as I see the UFC has finally posted a free Khabib fight, just a couple of hours ago. Hmmm.

Last edited:
Back