Would you pay $65 for just Khabib vs Tony?

imbossing

mma judging
Banned
Reaction score
If this fight (K v T) happens will it reach 1m ppv?

Khabib vs Ferguson, for sure.
All the hype, all the waiting, the circumstances, I mean..

That free card in Brazil on ESPN did record low numbers, no way a PPV does any better

If this fight (K v T) happens will it reach 1m ppv?

It won't because of ESPN plus(which you need to buy the PPV and have it count). I know a lot of people will have it by now but to get a number that high you need casuals and casuals aren't going to buy it because they don't have ESPN plus probably. While an pandemic is going to help ESPN plus and UFC PPV's(one of the many reasons Dana is trying to put these things on like a lunatic) it's not going to help THAT MUCH. 1 million was pretty much a fantasy number even before ESPN plus though I think this fight would have had a chance without it.

Also the Tony v Khabib hype(at least the Tony part) is really restricted to the MMA community, Khabib might be a bigger draw than Jones rn but casuals aren't going to see Tony yet as a draw.

Yes, people across the country have money to spend, so they’ll spend 70 bucks for a UFC event. Dana will probably say something in the lines of “Get a bunch of your friends together for one night, and try to act like everything is normal. Order some food, have some beers and watch a bad ass fight.”

Funny how Dana says that people should not run and hide from the coronavirus but says to stay in to watch his events. Lol, what a goof!

------STOP!--------

Let say all other websites in the world are down. The only way to watch the event is by paying.

YES
or
NO

Nope... Sorry that's the boxing PPV model. 1 big fight and maybe one undercard fight on the PPV.

MMA is all about multiple fights and you get a mix of good bad and ugly.

Yes, if it ensures that it actually happens and nobody dies walking to the cage.

no, but I think all of you should

Why exactly should we? Do you really want to encourage Dana and co to think they can run one off big fights at 65 bucks a pop?

The card (if it happens) will be in a closed venue with a handful of people present (cameramen, corner, refs, judges etc). Hell they could throw it in a random warehouse pretty much anywhere.

Sure they lose the gate but they also have vastly less overhead costs. Arena's take a big cut of the gate fees.

Lol, no. I wouldn't pay $65 for an entire card. I don't even bother hunting for streams anymore.

Most cards you're only getting one or two fights worth watching anyway.

Back