Fighters will end up stuck in another country for UFC 249 for months

Biggamer86

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Just wait whatever fighters believe Dana on UFC 249 happening will be stuck in whatever country they go to for the fights for months on end until the travel restrictions are lifted. I could easily see the UFC pulling strings to get them out of their respective countries, but when it comes for fighters to go back to their families the UFC will totally just be like figure it out yourselves. Hope some of these fighters have some good attorneys.

Sure the WWE is having closed door events but the WWE is also purely based in the US, imagine all the travel issues etc when it actually comes fight time for UFC 249 if it were to happen, and then the nightmare that'll ensue for these fighters to go back home.

Last edited:
I'm sure many are refusing behind the scenes as they have every right to.

There are worst places to get stuck than Dubai or Abu Dhabi for a couple months. ESPECIALLY when you're a pro athlete. The Royals will take care of the fighters if they get stuck

Nondana will finally tell the public it's not happening
..while blaming everyone else

Whats with all this talk of "pulling strings"..?? the UFC has zero influence on any government no matter how many fighters pose for pictures with politicians.

Whats with all this talk of "pulling strings"..?? the UFC has zero influence on any government no matter how many fighters pose for pictures with politicians.

If you don't think Dana has near direct access to politicians via his own connections or those of the various managers (like Ali and Rizvan..) I have a bridge to sell you.

If you don't think Dana has near direct access to politicians via his own connections or those of the various managers (like Ali and Rizvan..) I have a bridge to sell you.
Why hasn’t his connection with Trump allowed him to continue to hold events after UFC Brazil? Why is he getting turned down in his own country at every turn? Try again

Why hasn’t his connection with Trump allowed him to continue to hold events after UFC Brazil? Why is he getting turned down in his own country at every turn? Try again

Trump gave him the OK before the country started to literally shelter in place. Do remember that the Apex was being considered when it was just social distancing. You can't ask the President (or any other US governor) to let you hold an event in their locked down state while a pandemic is going on.

But guess what? Not all of the world is on lockdown. That's why we're still talking about an event that hasn't been canceled yet. And all that considered, we still can't rule out the chance it could be held on tribal grounds.

Now as far as getting a fighter out of a country so they can fight, THAT is something that we're not sure can't happen, yet.

Trump gave him the OK before the country started to literally shelter in place. Do remember that the Apex was being considered when it was just social distancing. You can't ask the President (or any other US governor) to let you hold an event in their locked down state while a pandemic is going on.

But guess what? Not all of the world is on lockdown. That's why we're still talking about an event that hasn't been canceled yet. And all that considered, we still can't rule out the chance it could be held on tribal grounds.

Now as far as getting a fighter out of a country so they can fight, THAT is something that we're not sure can't happen, yet.
Hey I’m just replying to ur claim that he has pull politically when there has been no proof of that so far that allowed him to hold an event somewhere.

I don’t see an event occurring in some random small country as him having a great influence politically.

1. State guidelines. No fighting in Nevada=no fighting at the apex. No fight at the apex=not worth relocating fight nights to less restricted states. Where else has he been turned down? TWood/LSE, Fran/Roze, and Reem/Walt weren't worth it from a business perspective.
2. Trump isn't federally mandating what states decide to do in terms of gatherings. Even if he was, it would horrible publicity for him to create an exemption for the UFC.

No country is closing its borders to citizens of that country. If Tony gets to Europe somehow for an event, he will be allowed back to the US.

1. State guidelines. No fighting in Nevada=no fighting at the apex. No fight at the apex=not worth relocating fight nights to less restricted states. Where else has he been turned down? TWood/LSE, Fran/Roze, and Reem/Walt weren't worth it from a business perspective.
2. Trump isn't federally mandating what states decide to do in terms of gatherings. Even if he was, it would horrible publicity for him to create an exemption for the UFC.
What do u mean where else has he been turned down? U don’t think he has tried every state he could at this point?

and again, I was replying to the notion that he has such great pull and influence when he has failed so far.

What do u mean where else has he been turned down? U don’t think he has tried every state he could at this point?

and again, I was replying to the notion that he has such great pull and influence when he has failed so far.
You said "events after UFC Brazil". In terms of the three fight nights that were scheduled to occur between then and 249, no, I don't think he tried every state. Those events weren't worth it. 249 exists within its own category. I wasn't referring to it specifically in this case.

My point about Trump is that the president isn't the one making these decisions right now, the states are. Therefore, any pull that Dana does or doesn't have with him wouldn't be applicable.

You said "events after UFC Brazil". In terms of the three fight nights that were scheduled to occur between then and 249, no, I don't think he tried every state. Those events weren't worth it. 249 exists within its own category. I wasn't referring to it specifically in this case.

My point about Trump is that the president isn't the one making these decisions right now, the states are. Therefore, any pull that Dana does or doesn't have with him wouldn't be applicable.
You’re arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. Fact is events were cancelled and there has yet to be any indication that this event will take place in the states, so yes one can assume that every logical state was considered. I’m done talking about the trump thing, it was just one counter example.

You have any idea how many sherdoggers are politicians?

How did you come to the conclusion Dana his this "direct access" to politicians? What politicians? Why would this politician do Dana a favor at a time like this?? (Seriously just asking as you are implying this is common knowledge)
Hate to break it to you pal but the world does NOT revolve around UFC or MMA. There is a much bigger picture here.

Trump has no say over states enacting shelter at home rules.

Correct. Just look at who ari’s brother is

No country is closing its borders to citizens of that country. If Tony gets to Europe somehow for an event, he will be allowed back to the US.

Canada is refusing sick Canadians.

There are worst places to get stuck than Dubai or Abu Dhabi for a couple months. ESPECIALLY when you're a pro athlete. The Royals will take care of the fighters if they get stuck
In a dry country with no naked chicks.

Great.

Back