Dana White simply has to give up. He must shut up and take that money loss like everybody else.

TRT Champion

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Or do you think Dana will still be putting on events in April and May?
...Don't make me laugh.

Some shertards think that just because the UFC is a 4,5 billion organization, they can do whatever they please, because they are indestructible and almighty.
They are not.
I have news for you, folks: most big name football clubs in Europe are worth around 4-5 billion each. And every large European city has two or three of these big money clubs. All of these super rich FCs have been shut down by the regulations, issued by their corresponding governments.
Time for the UFC to take a break as well.

75% of MMA fans are either kids, or idiots. Is normal.

America doesn't give up buddy. I still believe. Dana is going to get this done.

May I present a counter argument?

MMA is individual sport it doesn't need as many people to operate.

Since there are no crowds they can have the card filmed in multiple locations to minimize the people in a single area.

Teams can be tested before and after fights. And placed into quarantine after the event.

WWE is still going to do events. They have very similar logistical concerns. It is possible. Just needs to be done smartly.

HTB137clIFXXXXbkXFXXq6xXFXXXa.jpg

He's stuck with his family in his house.. he probably hates them. (+and all people)

Last edited:
Yes, he should just drop it already, this was a desperate case to begin with. Just take this loss for the time being and then come back with the biggest cards in the proper way, as soon as the air is clear instead of trying to make it happen in a half assed way. But I don't know, the guy is a idiot and greedy trying to save as much money as he can in this time.

It would only delay the money really, so he wouldnt lose anything in the long run. It's kinda pointless at this point. It's almost impossible to fly everyone there etc and be safe.

Danas an arsewipe. Trying to force desperate fights in this current climate doesnt show strength. It shows weakness. More importantly than weakness it shows inferiority and insecurity.

I feel bad for the fighters. Maybe Dana does too. If they don't fight, they don't get paid. That includes their commentating team, ref's, judges, ring girls etc.

These are not salaried employees.

It's pretty damn easy to pre-test fighters multiple times during weigh in week and keep them sequestered until the fight happens.

Since there are no crowds they can have the card filmed in multiple locations to minimize the people in a single area.

Teams can be tested before and after fights. And placed into quarantine after the event.

WWE is still going to do events. They have very similar logistical concerns. It is possible. Just needs to be done smartly.
Can I counter that counter? Just read an article where Bethe Correia said she was scared to train. She can’t be the only one. Depending where you are you could possibly be breaking the law if you do it in the wrong place or with too many gathered. Events don’t happen in a vacuum. At the very best it’s gonna be a compromised product. At worst, you’re putting peoples families at risk and the health care system in general.

A UFC card requires far more people to be present.

For a football match, you need two teams of eleven, five subs each, four refs, two managers, two commentators, and two doctors, so 42 people.

A UFC card card typically has 26 fighters, each with three cornermen, at least two refs, at least two commentators, at least three judges, at least one doctor, two cutmen, and who knows how many buffoons in red coats, so over 100 people.

It's not happening man.

Imagine trying to have a fight night where the competitors could likely need hospital treatment afterwards in an environment where the hospitals are at risk of being over-run by a pandemic.

A UFC card requires far more people to be present.

For a football match, you need two teams of eleven, five subs each, four refs, two managers, two commentators, and two doctors, so 42 people.

A UFC card card typically has 26 fighters, each with three cornermen, at least two refs, at least two commentators, at least three judges, at least one doctor, two cutmen, and who knows how many buffoons in red coats, so over 100 people.

It's not happening man.
That’s for one single soccer match. Now think about a league and a season. It’s not comparable.

That’s for one single soccer match. Now think about a league and a season. It’s not comparable.
The restrictions are per event, not per league, so card for card they are comparable.

The matches aren't happening in the same cities, but I get your point.

Imagine trying to have a fight night where the competitors could likely need hospital treatment afterwards in an environment where the hospitals are at risk of being over-run by a pandemic.
That's a good point. I hadn't seen that problem raised anywhere to be honest.

Interesting I was just talking about that in another thread.

If the end result is "no mma", is it really worse to have tried and failed to put on a card, than to tapped out 3 weeks ago and cancelled 249?

I'm more of the opinion it's not worse (because the end result is the same).

Many think it's embarrassingly worse to have tried and failed.

Back