Francis Ngannou reveals the UFC is testing fighters for COVID-19, might fight at 249

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/3/...ufc-249-promotion-had-him-tested-for-covid-19

“I got tested,” Ngannou told Submission Radio. “They got me tested for COVID-19. I guess they tested all the fighters, too, which is kind of like a positive thing. Make you feel a little bit safe to get along with those people.”

While UFC President Dana White has refused to say if the promotion was getting the athletes tested for COVID-19, Ngannou believes the organization is taking the proper steps to ensure all of the fighters competing on upcoming cards are healthy and free of the deadly virus.

Ngannou says his test took place about a week ago and that it was facilitated by a doctor through the UFC.

Despite the growing pandemic that was sweeping the globe, Ngannou previously told MMA Fighting that he was still willing to fight while having faith that the UFC would do right by the athletes when it came to their health and well being.

The same can be said now after Ngannou was tested for COVID-19 and he’s ready to compete as soon as the UFC gives him a date and a location to fight.

“No, I mean I won’t be concerned because once again, I don’t want to say that COVID-19 is nothing, I don’t want to say it’s not bad but technically I think it’s a flu that we have all the time,” Ngannou said. “The only problem with it is it’s very contagious and it can spread very fast. No, I wouldn’t be concerned about it. Because even after the test, I wasn’t very worried, like whatever is it, it will be OK.

“There’s a chance that I can be fighting on that card,” Ngannou said. “But you know they have to settle everything down. For now, it seems like they have a location but they still have to double check and see how they can handle this event safely for people. Because first of all, they’re not just expecting to put people there fighting. They’re also trying to make things to care about our health.”

As far as opponents go, Ngannou believes he would still face Rozenstruik and he’s under the assumption that the undefeated heavyweight prospect has also been tested for COVID-19.

“I think it’s still the same opponent,” Ngannou said. “I assume he got tested as well. If he’s well, yeah, I think that’s still the plan.”

Will he supply the hand sanitizer for the event?

Saw Dana White at the coffee shop. He'll be spraying all fighters before they enter the cage.

He's gonna sanitize the shit out of someone...

Mind boggling that people still compare Coronavirus to the flu .....regardless WAR Ngannou and hope he fights as soon as it’s safe for everyone

ET4j-1nUUAA7Z9-.jpg

Just letem bang, with masks of coarse.

Awesome, that give us some hope !
<{JustBleed}>

Pretty sure his white blood cells are slapping corona atm. Then they gas and... ya know how that goes.
<6>

Ngannou steps in for Andrade when she pulls out

uncle dana about to bless our quarantined bums with an amazing card streamed from some oil dudes living room

how can you still hate him

Mind boggling that people still compare Coronavirus to the flu .....regardless WAR Ngannou and hope he fights as soon as it’s safe for everyone
The flu has and will continue to kill way more people than the Coronavirus. Maybe Covid 19 might kill more people than the flu this year for one year maybe it could. The Flu kills hundreds of thousands in a good year.

the difference is the Flu is part of the plan.

Last edited:
The flu has and will continue to kill way more people than the Coronavirus. Maybe Covid 19 might kill more people than the flu this year for one year maybe it could. The Flu kills hundreds of thousands in a good year.

You do realize that the Coronavirus is ongoing ?
so we don't now the final death rates
and thousands are dying in spite of the country lock down around the world

and google Spanish flu
if you regard all flues the same

Will most UFC fighters be getting a check for $1200 dollars or don't they make enough?

Back