Cung Le Paid $5,000 Per Episode to Coach on TUF

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
cung-le-ko-rich-franklin.gif

mma_ufcfuel6_16.jpg

Ex-UFC fighter Cung Le says he was paid $5,000 for every episode in which he was the coach in the TV show “The Ultimate Fighter: China.”

F0AOA2ps5aEkXgRVVehYlTbi84E_W1sy9I6WNyFo7-lTQO7dP8GLUDfATo9aoTmuvq5WYLnxiO50Y2tek_G4IypX9pKsNGoXTfqh4BMPcPn7-EuKxKI7cyL0PH8jw6OWe1A

"TUF Luck"

And when he asked for more, White told him he had to accept it or would “be sitting on the bench,” Le said.

4198507532_3522119d50_z.jpg

At one point between shows, Le’s wife needed surgery and he asked to “spend a few days with her” before being shipped off to China for the next round of taping, he said.

The UFC denied his request, saying they had to start taping immediately, Le said.

b37876d3e48624a386d728666763d9d9.jpeg

“I had to leave right after her surgery though she spent a week in the hospital and there was no one to watch the kids,” Le said.

“I went to China as asked and the show didn’t even get shot for a week.”

-NYP

Salary Upgrade

Last edited:
I thought coaching on TUF was unpaid work? Very gracious of Dana.

“I had to leave right after her surgery though she spent a week in the hospital and there was no one to watch the kids,” Le said.

So he just left the kids alone?

Left his kids for cash.

Great father.

Best part? He doesn’t even speak Chinese lmao

Left his kids for cash.

Great father.

Best part? He doesn’t even speak Chinese lmao

You know, there's a pretty cool photographer who goes by Mark Shanghai, but you wouldnt know anything about that, WOULD YOU?

giphy.gif

Honestly considering the fact that I’ve never heard of this guy, I’d say he did pretty good. Would have made 60k in around 6 weeks

cung-le-ko-rich-franklin.gif

Ex-UFC fighter Cung Le says he was paid $5,000 for every episode in which he was the coach in the TV show “The Ultimate Fighter: China.”

And when he asked for more, White told him he had to accept it or would “be sitting on the bench,” Le said.

4198507532_3522119d50_z.jpg

At one point between shows, Le’s wife needed surgery and he asked to “spend a few days with her” before being shipped off to China for the next round of taping, he said.

The UFC denied his request, saying they had to start taping immediately, Le said.

“I went to China as asked and the show didn’t even get shot for a week.”

-NYP

I mean financially if there's what 12 shows then that's $10k a week for 6 weeks, which doesn't seem too bad to me.

Does he want Dana to starve just because of some random fighter's family troubles?
Cung sounds pretty greedy and selfish

5 grand an episode for a bullshit show that didn't even air in the US? That is pretty good. 12 episodes is roughly 60 grand for one month and half of speaking and hosting a show. He was there as a mentor/figurehead rather than coaching.

Honestly considering the fact that I’ve never heard of this guy, I’d say he did pretty good. Would have made 60k in around 6 weeks

there are tuf noobs then there are mcregor noobs

there are tuf noobs then there are mcregor noobs
I don’t know why you’ll would think a user with Conor coming out of a zebras ass hole thinks of him in a positive light, but you do you

Yeah stories likes this will only ensure top level athletes flock to the UFC..

Back