Would Mcgregor still be called out if he wasnt such a draw?

PlatinumColbyCovington

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A resounding no. It's disappointing knowing fighters are willing to go through verbal and devastating physical abuse all for the sake of the dollar.

Look at Khabib, he made his money, now he wants no part of Mcgregor.

I don’t think Khabib ever gave a shit whether McGregor was a draw or not.

He can call me shit and beat me up for 1 million any day. Just saying.

<mma4>

I dont think Khabib cares about the money when facing Conor tbh. He geniunely dislikes him. In the recent "IamtheBay" videos, he doesnt even like mentioning his name.

I think if Khabib beats Tony, the fight for 30-0 will be against Conor anyways. It's the only fight that will make 30-0 a huge event that will bring casual fans in. But, I think there is going to be some lines drawn by Ali/Khabib about what Conor can and can't say leading up to the fight. Because last time was borderline harassment by Conor

Conor is not even that good at trash talk

He is all cringe and scripted to fuck

He was pretty good at the start when he was a fw and did the whole mystic mac angle, as he backed it up

A real trash talker like Fury would humiliate him

Of course he would.

Mcgregor is the perfect tune up fighter. One dimensional striker with an Irish Tier groundgame.

Any decent LW/WW looking to get an easy win bonus would call him out.

<seedat>

One of the worst problems in boxing is fighters being bigger than the titles. It's partly because of the oversaturation of belts and fan disinterest, but it's also because so much contracting/promotional power was given to the fighters. Conor might be the prime example of that starting in the UFC

One of the worst problems in boxing is fighters being bigger than the titles. It's partly because of the oversaturation of belts and fan disinterest, but it's also because so much contracting/promotional power was given to the fighters. Conor might be the prime example of that starting in the UFC

I hate how the UFC tries to keep the fighters as generic and interchangeable as possible, going out of their way to prevent them from becoming celebrities, but I’m starting to think it’s ultimately all for the best.

McGregor-mania sucks.

Conor is not even that good at trash talk

He is all cringe and scripted to fuck

He was pretty good at the start when he was a fw and did the whole mystic mac angle, as he backed it up

A real trash talker like Fury would humiliate him
And drunk

I hate how the UFC tries to keep the fighters as generic and interchangeable as possible, going out of their way to prevent them from becoming celebrities, but I’m starting to think it’s ultimately all for the best.

McGregor-mania sucks.
Boxing made boxers into fodder and the law had to step in, but the answer we got wasn't moderation, it went completely n the opposite way. The competitors should be much more protected, not more powerful.

Canelo and Cotto actually defended their belts at catchweights because they contracted it. You can have your shorts and gloves contracted by the champ you're challenging, it's ridiculous. I see Conor being able to make those decisions, especially if he gets a belt again.

What's Khabib supposed to do, walk a whipped Conor around on a leash? Buy him breakfast and a taxi home the morning after?
Khabib has already tapped dat ass, so now if McGregor wants to get roughed up again he must work for it.

A resounding no. It's disappointing knowing fighters are willing to go through verbal and devastating physical abuse all for the sake of the dollar.

But not everyone gets the fortunate opportunity to fight a high profile fighter who brings in dollars. The ones who get paid and already have an ethnic fanbase, do okay, like Khabib.

The rest will say and do anything to make money, because let's face it, MMA money is crap, when you factor in family and kids.

Of course he would.

Mcgregor is the perfect tune up fighter. One dimensional striker with an Irish Tier groundgame.

Any decent LW/WW looking to get an easy win bonus would call him out.

<seedat>
Guess the people who conor beat are cans. Oh wait , both of them smoked justin who you think can beat conor? Oh carry on .

Naw... but he wouldn't be ranked anywhere near where he is either

Of course not, how is that even up for discussion?

What a weird question. That's like asking if Jon Jones would be called out as much if he wasn't the champ, or if Masvidal would be called out if he was a truck driver rather than a UFC fighter.

Khabib only believes in monpolyboard money. Sidebar : Conor is only called out apparently by true hardcore top ten mma purist fighters and purist mma bloggers .

Yes, but not as much and not in the same way. Gathje gets called out all the time and he's not half the draw Conor is. Hooker called out Felder and Ragin' Al. A former champ with a recent high profile win would still be a prime target regardless.

Back