The UFC should have kept WEC

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It would have been better to keep the UFC as the top brand and have huge PPV fights every 2 months that were stacked with big names. In between, there should have been the WEC fights and cards like this weekend should have been on it. It would have made the UFC events so much more exciting and like old times, everyone would get together and pay ppv$ to watch. UFC is so damn watered down now. What you think Sherbros?

I think they merged it at the right time.

I think alot of you complain way too much about free UFC fights.

Yeah, they could have kept WEC for the manlet divisions and Dagestani bums and only put UFC monthly fight cards that would be totally stacked.

Why would they do that? I know people here complain about the cards and reminisce about the old days but UFC’s current model is working extremely well for them. Rating numbers remain consistently high and so does their event attendance.

Changing the name of some cards to WEC would only hurt their numbers. Because the UFC brand is what draws in casuals.

Pettis

Benson

Lord Chael

Cowboy

Brian Stan vs Wandy

None of those guys and their greatness would have been in the UFC ?!?!?!?

The only argument is to have kept WEC Brittney

I'm not exactly sure what you're proposing. Are you saying that the weight divisions should stay segregated between the two promotions, and that the littler fighters can't be "big names"? Or that the fighters would be redistributed and the WEC designated as home for the B list? Which manner of insulting did you mean to be?

It would have been better to keep the UFC as the top brand and have huge PPV fights every 2 months that were stacked with big names. In between, there should have been the WEC fights and cards like this weekend should have been on it. It would have made the UFC events so much more exciting and like old times, everyone would get together and pay ppv$ to watch. UFC is so damn watered down now. What you think Sherbros?

I completely agree. I either paid in full, or chipped in for damn near every single PPV event from UFC 30 up to the introduction of WMMA. I was a good and loyal fan for years but I refuse to pay good money for shit quality cards.

I'd gladly pay $100 for stacked PPV's.

They need to drop WMMA and the 125 lbs division- then get rid of 50% of the remaining fighters on their roster.

They also need to encourage their best fighters to compete more frequently, like they used to.

I know it will never happen. UFC has shown time and again that they don't give a shit about their fans. I feel like what they are doing is a slap in the face to old fans like me.

They also need to encourage their best fighters to compete more frequently, like they used to.

Hear hear. Make your champions defend! If you can’t get in there at least 2x/year to defend, you are not a champion.

They could do that without even reviving WEC and doesn't confuses the average fans in the process by having more than 1 brand. Have you thought this through before making a thread sweetheart?

I think alot of you complain way too much about free UFC fights.

The problem isn't free fights, the problem is that these cards weaken future PPV's.

As far as I'm concerned, for the upcoming card, the Benavidez fight is the only one worthy of UFC status. It would be a great fought to add to the UFC 248 card. They could also add a couple of the fights from the Lee vs Olivera card as well, for example.

248 could (and should) look more like this:

Adesanya vs Romero
Ngannou vs Rozenstruik
Benavidez vs Figueiredo
Woodley vs Edwards
Lee vs Olivera
Burns vs Maia
Assuncao vs Garbrandt

That's a card worthy of being a PPV.
A championship fight, 2 or 3 contender fights, and a few well known gate keepers. That should be standard formula for a PPV event.

I think they should only have 3-5 females in each female division, you lose twice and you go back to Invicta and the current Invicta champ gets to step up

I think most thought WEC was the B league until they got absorbed and all their fighters became champs. Hindsight is 20/20 but WEC had better talent than the UFC and you can argue that Strikeforce did as well. Makes you wonder how Bellator's top talent would do in the UFC, mainly Lima.

Do people not watch the NBA, NHL, MLB if their team is playing a shit team?
In every other sport it's not a great week every week but you still watch.

Nope, but they should have kept the WEC GOAT commentators and announcer.

Back