Yoel Romero competes in the UFC until over/under the age 45.5

Papa Doc

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I'm taking the over here. Yoel is a freak and I think he's going to be a fighter who competes once to twice a year until he's at least 46. Henderson competed for a title at the age of 46. There's nothing holding me back from thinking Yoel can't hit that same threshold.

OVER.

EDIT Yoel turns 43 in April.

Last edited:
Yoel is in much better shape than Dan ever was, so its possible.

He doesn't have many fights for his age and I believe has fought 4 times in the past 3 years. He could make 50 if he's still competitive and fighting 1-2 every year.

He doesn't have many fights for his age and I believe has fought 4 times in the past 3 years. He could make 50 if he's still competitive and fighting 1-2 every year.

1-2 per year? You are speaking as if that's too few, champions are fighting less than that.
how many times did maxes, habibs, martys and bobbies defend per year?

Over, Yoel still looks like he has plenty in the tank and his chin still seems like absolute iron.

1-2 per year? You are speaking as if that's too little, champions are fighting less than that.
Context is that he's essentially fighting 1x a year as of late. At age 42 hitting the over prediction is 4-5 more fights at this rate. Very doable.

Yes but stamina more pertinent and I think father time will catch up with yoel soon and I'd bet under.... but that's me.
Solid posted number by t.s ( 45.5).

I'm taking the over here. Yoel is a freak and I think he's going to be a fighter who competes once to twice a year until he's as old as 46. Henderson competed for a title at the age of 46. There's nothing holding me back from thinking Yoel can't hit that same threshold.

OVER.

EDIT Yoel turns 43 in April.
I like your posted number ( good job) but I'm going under.

I think he takes the big money in his next fight and retires. No more big fights for him. If he wants to he can continue fighting and be a top 5 for the next couple of years.

I am guessing under 45.5.

Romero is about to be 1 and 4 in his last 5. This is his last shot, and I have a hard time to see how he can win.

Still...win or lose, I think his only goal is the title (or he would have already retired), and he will have little motivation to keep fighting after that... He was just awarded 27 million..

Yes but stamina more pertinent and I think father time will catch up with yoel soon and I'd bet under.... but that's me.
Solid posted number by t.s ( 45.5).
I would enjoy seeing Yoel bump up to LHW at some point. I think the UFC might angle for a champ champ with Jones if Yoel gets the MW strap. I don't think he's going to beat Izzy though.

1. Romero is about to be 1 and 4 in his last 5. This is his last shot, and I have a hard time to see how he can win. Still...win or lose, I think his only goal is the title (or he would have already retired).
2. He was just awarded 27 million, and has no motivation to keep fighting.
Being awarded 27 million and actually being paid 27 million are very different outcomes.

Im going with the over.

Romero is about to be 1 and 4 in his last 5. This is his last shot, and I have a hard time to see how he can win.

Still...win or lose, I think his only goal is the title (or he would have already retired), and he will have little motivation to keep fighting after that... He was just awarded 27 million..

More knowledgeable people than me on the subject have given in depth explanations on why he will never see that 27 million. It seemed to be the consensus from learned Sherdoggers back when it happened.

I would enjoy seeing Yoel bump up to LHW at some point. I think the UFC might angle for a champ champ with Jones if Yoel gets the MW strap. I don't think he's going to beat Izzy though.
I agree with upcoming fight. I dont know what to make of yoel at 205. Hes a bit of an anomaly to begin with.

way to short for LHW.

Being awarded 27 million and actually being paid 27 million are very different outcomes.

Im going with the over.

More knowledgeable people than me on the subject have given in depth explanations on why he will never see that 27 million. It seemed to be the consensus from learned Sherdoggers back when it happened.

Hmm. I know little of this. I will stick to under 45,5 based on my other point.

Hard to see him keep going with a loss here. He needs/wants the belt and thats it. Even if he won it, I dont think he would defend it more than once or twice.

So under....?

Back