DC is only 2.5 years older than Stipe

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I keep hearing this narrative that DC is an old man and Stipe is some young buck in his fighting prime. It couldn't be further from the truth. Both guys are old, and Stipe's youth advantage is very small. It's borderline meaningless. DC may lose this fight but it won't be because of age.

Hopefully he does so he retires and we don't have to watch IV.
Although that was a great Rocky.

DC wrestled at an extremely high level in national and international competition before he started his MMA career.

He has a lot more wear and tear on his body and nearly destroyed his kidneys cutting weight for the Olympics.

DC fans getting their excuses ready for when Stipe stiffens the eye poking cheater again

I keep hearing this narrative that DC is an old man and Stipe is some young buck in his fighting prime. It couldn't be further from the truth. Both guys are old, and Stipe's youth advantage is very small. It's borderline meaningless. DC may lose this fight but it won't be because of age.
DC has more wear and tear, as said by @Phisher, but otherwise you do raise a good point, and I agree with you. That said, "couldn't be further from the truth" does not apply. Lets just settle down on "that narrative isn't true"

DC fans getting their excuses ready for when Stipe stiffens the eye poking cheater again
thats rich coming from a massive Jones fan. Where do you think DC learned his eyepokes from?

Don't forget Stipe also puts fires out for breakfast.

Stipe is only 2 years older than this young prospect!

i

Let me do the math real quick...

A = E + 2

Stipe must be... Like 14 years old?!?

DC doesn't think he is too old to fight, or else he wouldn't fight. That's way more importamt to me than what fans of the sport think of him.

I never see or hear anyone parroting the narrative you just described.

Dont forget DC almost died from weight cutting before. Stipes never put that level of stress on his body.

Hopefully he does so he retires and we don't have to watch IV.
Although that was a great Rocky.

How many times does IV get made, even between fighters who don't retire?

Stipe competed in his very first professional athletic endeavor on February 20, 2010. Cormier competed in the Olympics in 2004 and by 2010 had already long retired from wrestling because his kidney's were failing him. Stipe is only 10 years into his athletic career. He's a baby compared to most fighters.

When people talk about age, they mean mileage. How is a gold belt not aware of this?

Last edited:
Chuck didn’t think he was too old to fight 14 months ago either.
The fans knew he was wrong.

DC doesn't think he is too old to fight, or else he wouldn't fight. That's way more importamt to me than what fans of the sport think of him.

Those are two fighters/athletes with very different backgrounds. It’s not that simple.

Stipe and Shogun Rua are less than 9 months apart in chronological age, yet 20 years apart in combat mileage.

Stipe competed in his very first professional athletic endeavor on February 20, 2010. Cormier competed in the Olympics in 2004 and by 2010 had already long retired from wrestling because his kidney's were failing him. Stipe is only 10 years into his athletic career. He's a baby compared to most fighters.

When people talk about age, they mean mileage. How is a gold belt not aware of this?

Chuck didn’t think he was too old to fight 14 months ago either.
The fans knew he was wrong.

Chuck was retired for a long ass time. DC has been training and competing. If he would be anywhere near Chuck's level he'd be getting steamrolled in every practice session and he'd have been KO'd in the first 10 seconds of his second fight with Stipe.

There hasn't been a sign of slowing down significantly in his fights and in practice we can't judge, but he can and he is a pretty honest and smart guy. So he could be wrong, but his judgement is still much more valuable than that of SDers who are basically just guessing away and if they would happen to be right, it would be purely a lucky guess.

Back