GDR outstruck Nunes

TheSpider

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Very impressive feat. It’s a shame that her TDD is Carlos Conditesque

GDR had a really big advantage in the striking IMO.

Unfortunately for her, there was an ever larger gap between her grappling and Nunes'.

She is probably the best striker in wmma, that's what makes Amanda great, she was outmached in the striking so she used her other tools to get the W.

She is probably the best striker in wmma, that's what makes Amanda great, she was outmached in the striking so she used her other tools to get the W.
A composed Cyborg KOs GDR and Nunes in the rematch imo

I never gave a shit about her cause of the late hits in the Holm fight

GDR had a really big advantage in the striking IMO.

Unfortunately for her, there was an ever larger gap between her grappling and Nunes'.

that doesn't make sense to me though....holly gave gdr a really good fight...some thought holly won...but yet, nunes destroyed holly, but ko'ing her...it wasn't even close....so how could gdr out strike nunes...I don't think nunes looked good in that fight...she won, cause she's more well rounded, but her standup didn't look good that night.

I could be wrong but wasn't it AN's late takedown and lay-n-pray that ultimately won her the decision?

IMO, I thought nunes got exposed on her feet pretty badly that night.

Protect yourself at all times.
Jose aldo did it on mendes

No shit.

That doesn’t make it okay to throw blatantly late punches at the end of two different rounds though

GDR would destroy Cyborg on the feet lol

It wouldn't even be slightly competitive
LOL is that why GDR ducked Cyborg so hard that she literally GAVE UP her FW belt so that she wouldn’t get stiffened?

GDR would destroy Cyborg on the feet lol

It wouldn't even be slightly competitive
Cyborg could overwhelm her. GDR could not pull the trigger against Holm and was only throwing big strike after the bell.

Amanda’s advantage against Cyborg was that she was also not afraid to go all out but has more power and technique.

No, because she has morals and doesn't want to fight proven cheaters like Roidborg
Even Dana bashed GDR for ducking Borg. Cyborg would have KOd GDR stiff and GDR knew it. That’s why GDR ducked

Dana has a history of ignoring steroid use like he did with Juicehead Jones

giphy.gif
GDR outstruck Nunes easily. A composed Cyborg KOs Nunes and her overrated striking worse than Cat Zingano did in the rematch
C68361CB-CEEF-4A79-B5E1-8B1C7B7060F1.jpeg

GDR is a far superior striker to Roidborg and Zingano won that fight on the ground lol

Nunes is a much better grappler than Roidborg, sorry to burst your bubble
If only GDR was as confident as you.

GDR ducked Cyborg so hard that she willingly gave up her belt (and championship money) just to not get KOd by Cyborg

I think Nunes is better than Cyborg everywhere, except raw power and body mass. Nunes wins the rematch 9 out of 10 times and KOs Cyborg in 7 of those wins.

Jarl

Protect yourself at all times.
Jose aldo did it on mendes
A little different with the Aldo-Mendes rematch. Everyone said the crowd was abnormally loud and it was next to impossible to hear the round end.

that doesn't make sense to me though....holly gave gdr a really good fight...some thought holly won...but yet, nunes destroyed holly, but ko'ing her...it wasn't even close....so how could gdr out strike nunes...I don't think nunes looked good in that fight...she won, cause she's more well rounded, but her standup didn't look good that night.
GDR is the best striker in WMMA history, bar none. It's not even close. And yes, I know Valentina exists.

There's no shame in looking amateur on the feet with GDR. Nunes striking ability isn't that great, people are confusing power with raw skill. You have to remember Nunes is a grappler who picked up striking and usually throws powerful 1-2s mostly. She has good kicks.

Back