Bruce Wayne type fighters in the UFC?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Any UFC fighters that are super rich but for sake of challenge they use their money and resources to train in martial arts and fight in MMA for their own validation?

I mean they can just buy their way in to a main card and prove their worth in the UFC. I ask because I know that folks with money love martial arts and they have a bit of a chip on the shoulder when it comes to proving they are tough.

Conor
Cerrone
BJ

Yh9bgf.gif

BJ
penn.jpg

Cowboy
cerrone1-1.jpg

CM Punk
Dana-White-CM-Punk-974443.jpg

I wanna say Condit and Kos too but I'm not sure. Kosheck had a Jet back then, not sure about now.

Noobs.

This woulda been a slam dunk back in the day...

kurt-pellegrino-453a6494-d09b-47cc-b07a-aa17c063e83-resize-750.jpeg

BJ Penn was upper middle class, or something, not like Cowboy trust fund rich where he never has to work again. It was more that when he was fucking up when he was young, his family could afford to send him off and let him train to turn his life around. That's like having a family that can pay all your college tuition, or afford to send you to a rehab. That's not 'never have to work' rich though. Cowboy is like that.

Carwin had a paid gig as an engineer. Might not be rich, but certainly didn’t need to fight to pay the bills....

Last edited:
Carwin had a paid gig as an engineer. Might now be rich, but certainly didn’t need to fight to pay the bills....
Same with Joe Lauzon. Had a great gig in IT if I recall correctly

What about Cro Cop? How does his side job pay?

Conor was on welfare and Dee was making ends meat. Cerrone lived with his granny. BJ is the closest I guess.
Conor came from a family that was ok money wise and chose to give up plumbing to go on the dole whilst fighting. Cerrone got sent to his grandparents cos he was a shithead iirc. So Cowboy fits but Conors background is normal

Back