The Real Reason Why We Don't Have Live Scoring Is Because...

Doctor Lenovo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Most judges score the overall fight, and live scoring will expose them and make them work harder on fight nights. Joe Rogan even commented on judges not even watching the fight in the last PPV. LOL

I believe this to be especially true, when the fight is close. Judges are not counting every strike and considering which fighter is implementing the best strategy. They just watch the fights like regular fans, and decide who they "feel" like is winning the fight.

I also believe that close to the end of the fight, some judges go back and revise their scores. Of course, I will change my opinion if somebody reveals that judges are required to hand in their score cards after every round.

They should be forced to at the very least submit their scores after each round electronically because I'm willing to bet some of these asshats leave that fucking scorecard blank then fill in the blanks later, which is why we see some fights get scored in ridiculous manners where guys get dominated in rounds and still win the round on some of these Helen Kellers' scorecards.

Judges in most if not all jurisdictions have to submit their scores/turn in their ballots at the end of every round. So, no, this isn't the case at all.

Live scoring would make fights boring as if someone won two rounds already, the will be running all around the octagon playing safe.

The element of surprise in judging is crucial to make fights exciting.

Think about Jones-Reyes fight, if Jon knew that he was 3 to 1 up he wouldnt have even cared to push the pace in the last round.

Live scoring would make fights boring as if someone won two rounds already, the will be running all around the octagon playing safe.

Think about Jones-Reyes fight, if Jon knew that he was 3 to 1 up he wouldnt have even cared to push the pace in the last round.
The other side of the coin is if Reyes knew that he was losing a UD, then maybe, he would have stopped running and banged with Jones.

Remember, Overeem ran, but Stipe chased him down and finished him. They are inside the cage. How far can you run, when somebody is determined to finish you? LOL

Judges in most if not all jurisdictions have to submit their scores/turn in their ballots at the end of every round. So, no, this isn't the case at all.
What about Vegas? Are judges there required to submit a score card after every round?

Also, if what you are saying is true, then there really is no reasonable excuse against live scoring.

Live scoring would make fights boring as if someone won two rounds already, the will be running all around the octagon playing safe...

But this goes on now even without live scoring... so why even bother with all the secrecy?

MMA scoring is garbage. Points should be earned not taken away, this of course would require the judges to understand MMA and not be boxing guys.

As long as we're inventing facts, I'll go ahead and say some judges use dices to score cards.

Here you go.

Nothing worse than two guys BOTH running because they think they’re winning. Live scoring will at least let one of them know they’re losing and need to win the round or possibly get the finish.

The problem is the 10-point system which is a poor ripoff from boxing. We have plenty of examples of fighters exploiting the point system to coast to a boring decision. MMA should be about damage and finishes

This is the main reason I'd suggest.

The problem is the 10-point system which is a poor ripoff from boxing. We have plenty of examples of fighters exploiting the point system to coast to a boring decision. MMA should be about damage and finishes

Even when he's not in your head, he's in your head.

I feel for you man, it must be fucking aggravating. Like a migraine you cannot get rid of.

Holy hell man you really enjoy talking out of your ass don't you.

I've always thought a better method of judging fights would be to keep the round by round system but judge the fight like a race with the winner being the fighter ahead at the end. That way one fighter can be ahead after a round or even two rounds but the other can catch up and pass by doing more. This way rounds that are extremely close or where nothing much happens don't overshadow rounds with heavier action.

They could do something similar now if judges were more liberal in using the 10pt system but we all know 10-8 rounds are still rare unless one guy practically kills the other.

Boxing has many more rounds to make up for badly scored ones. MMA is the only sport using a scoring system from another sport.

As long as we're inventing facts, I'll go ahead and say some judges use dices to score cards.

Here you go.
Your statement is exactly why we need more transparency and an objective point scoring system. We really don't know how judges are interpreting the current mostly subjective round scoring criteria.

When I watch NFL, EPL, and NBA I am not confused about what each team needs to do to win the game. LOL

There would be no way to stop the fighters from knowing if they are officially ahead. It would probably lead to stalemates or boring endings. Some would argue that the losing fighter would come out blazing but, from what I recall in obviously clear fights, the loser rarely ever changes anything up at the last moment to try to win. They normally just keep doing what they've been doing.

There would be no way to stop the fighters from knowing if they are officially ahead. It would probably lead to stalemates or boring endings. Some would argue that the losing fighter would come out blazing but, from what I recall in obviously clear fights, the loser rarely ever changes anything up at the last moment to try to win. They normally just keep doing what they've been doing.
So, what is the harm in telling people the real score after every round? At best, one fighter will have to step it up if it wants to win, and at worse, it will have no impact on fights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back