Is Tyson Fury A level athlete

abedm

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
In your opinion would Tyson Fury had success and been a top player in the NFL had he pursued football instead or a top notch rugby player if he played rugby.
If Fury pursued basketball would he made the NBA and been like Charles Barkley?

If he played football consistently and competitively from a young age, he'd probably be a very good offensive lineman with his combination of size, balance, and footwork. But obviously no way of knowing and this thread is useless.

No he looks like a sped up version of Ben Rothwell our there.
benrothwell.gif

I have no idea how I would gauge his athleticism but regardless, his technique is outstanding.

A level athletes don't exist outside of the US unless they play in the NBA.

The fact that you didn't even bring up the NBA for a 6'9" athlete tells you that he is C- level at best.

Oh wait you did mention the NBA, I sincerely apologize.

The only ones I consider A level are thos olympic gymnasts that do those crazy flips on those floor routines lmao. And Michael phelps I guess

We all know it is up to sherbros to determine A level athleticism.

A poll is needed. The results ahould be communicated to Fury's press people.

In your opinion would Tyson Fury had success and been a top player in the NFL had he pursued football instead or a top notch rugby player if he played rugby.
maybe one of those sports since they are partially about size. He's not the most athletic guy, he's good in fight sports mainly because of his size (hw div has a wide range), although he moves his frame quick for his size.

So you're only A level if you play sports you decide make you A level?

GTFO

Tyson is heavyweight champ of the world.

Along with UFC HW champ, hes the baddest man on the planet.

He'd crush your juice monsters from the NFL, and those big fellas from Rugby.

Unless they wanna train, and step up to the ring, they're just ball sports players - they run and jump well. Big fucking deal.

Mano a mano combat is the ultimate test of an athlete, imo

Otherwise, you're A level if you're top of your sport, and that sport requires a type of athleticism, of which there are many types.

Last edited:
He’s been boxing since he was a kid, and is massive. That’s why he keeps beating everyone - he’s always fighting blokes who took it up much later than he did. He’s not a great athlete by comparison to some, but he more than compensates by being much much better than them at boxing.

No he's not. Doesn't seem to matter one bit. In terms of football @DS66 hit the nail on the head

Charles Barkley??

{<huh}

The only ones I consider A level are thos olympic gymnasts that do those crazy flips on those floor routines lmao. And Michael phelps I guess
Manlets and a weed smoking fish guy who probably runs a 6.4 40?

{<doc}

Tyson has ideal genetics to be a hw boxer. The same way JJ Watt has ideal genetics to a football player. If Watt boxed his entire life, he’d still get smoked by a guy like Fury.

That said, if Fury had focused on football or basketball since childhood, he probably could’ve gone D1 in either. Though I’d doubt he be pro in either. He’s an A+ level boxer, but a B+ level athlete in general terms.

So you don't consider any black men to be A level athletes? This is the hottest of hot takes lol

So you don't consider any black men to be A level athletes? This is the hottest of hot takes lol
Yeah I do but I'm not a football fan. They got all that athletic talent but just end up putting on helmets and running into each other. Would love to see more of them in MMA but the moneys not there. Weird way to look at it but Im weird

I do admire handling skills and agility in basketball considering how i can barely dribble a ball.

Can he dunk?

Back