New Judging Idea

Azure

Sherdogology PhD.
@Black
Reaction score
It is not actually new as I think it is used in other sports.

Have 8 Judges assigned (one for each side of the Octagon)
Have the system computerized
All Judges submit scores
Only 5 of the scores are actually used(picked at random by the computer)

The actual number of judges can be modified.

3, 5, or 7 (bit extreme) Judges.
Picking an even number and randomizing them is a pointless step and if it was so specific judges couldn't be bought off they could just pay off 6 judges

Two/three most extreme scorings get dropped, like in ski jumping.

That's almost as good of an idea as glasses to stop eyepokes and a plexiglass cage

My full idea is that we still use the buttons even if someone gets knocked out or submits.

Who gonna pay all them judges?!

I'm okay with 4 judges MAX. Too many cooks spoil the recipe. What we need is a better scoring criteria and competent judging.

Terrible

what they should do is 8, but randomize per round not per judge

also one judge allowed to give 11s to one round per night

How about we modify the win conditions found on some of the BJJ events. Only way to win is by stoppage, but instead of a draw happening if time runs out, we just cut them

Terrible

what they should do is 8, but randomize per round not per judge

also one judge allowed to give 11s to one round per night

And every judge has a golden buzzer which when they press it immediately stops the fight which is then awarded to the fighter of their choice.

they need better judges, and go back to the old scoring criteria.

the new scoring criteria allows any judge to score any round as they see fit.

at least he whole "more liberal 10-8s" idea isnt being implemented. dumbest thing i ever heard

Lets give everyone in the audience a red or blue button to press at the end of the fight.

You joke but the UFC is based around making fights fans will pay for. Winning is not a prerequisite for career advancement and earnings. Fans already vote with their wallet, giving them a button isn't too far off.

How about 3 judges that know when someone has your back for 4 minutes and the other minute you do nothing you lose the round or know that a takedown for 10 seconds doesn't override a round of getting your face punched and your legs kicked. Or let's add 5 more morons!!!!Hmmmm what to do

Back