Leaning Kevin Lee heavily

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I think he will ragdoll Du Bronx like a wet tissue.
Don't see Charles bjj playing a great factor in this one, Lee by TKO Rd 2 infront of the booing Brazilians.

What are your thoughts on this fight? Card is underrated too

Don't see Charles bjj playing a great factor in this one, Lee by TKO Rd 2 infront of the booing Brazilians.

For a Fight Night card, this lineup is stacked.

And yes I have Lee winning too.

Idk, probably.
Kevin Lee now at Tristar might become a real problem for the LW division.

Don't sleep on Da Bronx tho,
Currently on a 6 fights win streak.

That fight is a A+ matchmaking in my book.

Last edited:

I like Olivera for this... But I'm admitting bias there too.

If Fighter Kevin Lee gets an early mount, he can destroy about anybody... But if that doesn't happen... I think Olivera pieces him up and then finishes him on the ground...…… Probably a follow-up on a stanky leg knockdown.

Agree with guy above me too...….. Best matchmaking of the year... Really looking forward... Lee looked pretty fucking good last time ou

Idk, probably.
Kevin Lee now at Tristar my become a real problem for the LW division.

Don't sleep on Da Bronx tho,
Currently on a 6 fights win streak.

That fight is a A+ matchmaking in my book.
Lee's last win is better than all of Charles win streak W's combined.

Two of my favorite guys in the lightweight division. I'd hate to see either of them to lose.
This is literally anybodies fight!

Leaning Kevin Lee? Is that Fighter Kevin Lee? Sorry if I am not up to date.

Olivera could easily finish Lee, especially early.

If it turns into a war and a battle of wills, I expect Olivera to tap or fall first, unfortunately.

Dont bet against Tristar Humble Fighter Kevin Lee

20200214_061225.jpg

Kevin Lee has been displaying rubber-leg tendencies throughout his UFC career. Even when he was dominant against a beaten up Barboza, Lee was still caught with a shot that made him do the chicken dance.

On top of that, Lee is very insecure, reckless, has difficulty managing his gas tank which leads to sloppy technique. He lost a fight he was dominating against Tony Ferguson. It was an easy fight for Kevin Lee to win, but he got reckless. Lee could have easily 5-0 Tony Ferguson by simply securing the TD and faking GnP. Instead, he got himself triangled.

Even in his fight against Gillespie, Lee didn't show that he had improved his fight IQ. He is a tremendous talent with a suspect chin, and under-developed fight IQ (no attention to details).

I will never bet on Kevin Lee, because I have seen him lose when he was dominant and in a lot of control. He doesn't pay attention to details, and he is often liable to "get caught."

Both are front runners

Ths could easily fall either way early

Winner of this fight should get rewarded rankings wise. Al iaquinta, Pettis etc have been inactive in the division. Guys like Kevin lee are taking fights Noone wants. Damn where the fuck is lw RDA when you need him?

Lee is always deceptive when you expect something from him.
I have Do Bronx via guillotine actually

Kevin Lee has been displaying rubber-leg tendencies throughout his UFC career. Even when he was dominant against a beaten up Barboza, Lee was still caught with a shot that made him do the chicken dance.

On top of that, Lee is very insecure, reckless, has difficulty managing his gas tank which leads to sloppy technique. He lost a fight he was dominating against Tony Ferguson. It was an easy fight for Kevin Lee to win, but he got reckless. Lee could have easily 5-0 Tony Ferguson by simply securing the TD and faking GnP. Instead, he got himself triangled.

Even in his fight against Gillespie, Lee didn't show that he had improved his fight IQ. He is a tremendous talent with a suspect chin, and under-developed fight IQ (no attention to details).

I will never bet on Kevin Lee, because I have seen him lose when he was dominant and in a lot of control. He doesn't pay attention to details, and he is often liable to "get caught."
Look I agree. He's reckless, has a suspect chin and insecure too. But tk dillashaw reached the highest heights in his division with his suspect chin and RUINED Cody's career. Cody also has a suspect chin and look how well he did. Lee needs defence. It won't come overnight but he's shown glimpses of brilliance in other parts. Can't imagine why you would rule an improvement in defence out. Gas tank? Won't lie, it looks like shit. Not total shit because when he was mauling Barboza he didn't slow down one bit. But won't lie. It's shit. But...he doesn't gas like conor. If he paces himself... Once again easier said than done but if he smothers his opponents like gsp used to do, which is hard, he'd be more successful. Insecurity... Immaturity, he can grow up. DC was unlikable and insecure as fuck. Look at him now. He's that cool ass older guy Noone can truly hate on. He's tremendously talented, like you said. And unlike other similar people he's been making the right moves, arguably, right? You think firas zahabi won't check his ego? Will let him cut corners with cardio? Won't make sure he improves his wrestling and grappling technique? Doesn't know how to teach him to pace himself? You think he won't learn from gsp?

Long story short, I'm not saying that he WILL suddenly turn a corner, it's 50/50, but I'm more willing to be optimistic about his chances. Give him a chance. He's young, doing everything he needs to improve. We've seen crazier comeback stories. But he needs to do something about that attitude. Less arrogance, less excuses, I liked the energy he came in with against Gillespie even after the win. I can see that Kevin lee advancing. But the Kevin "same old AL" will never do anything of substance.

Can't wait for the fight. I like grapplers with good striking.

Should be an interesting fight. Curious to see how TFKL does.

They both kind of faulter in big fights.

Charles is good.
Kevin is good.

Either guy can win, it's a fight, but as a few people have mentioned, Lee is at Tristar. If they get his head in the right place he can be legit champ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back