CLAUDIO HENRIQUE DA SILVA

Jarvan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This guy is on a 14 fight win streak (9 subs,2 kos)
Five fight win streak in the UFC
Has a victory over Leon Edwards

Granted, Leon hasn't been tested, this guy, who has a win over Leon, has potential to be another formidable challenger in the next few fights.

I guess the difference was that Leon was more active, and got snuffed with a three piece by Jorge which afforded him the spotlight.

Anyone have the lowdown on this dude? TBH I stumbled upon him from looking at Leon's fight history.
Name sounds very familiar but don't think I've ever seen any of his fights.

He is 37 and Brazilian. The UFC is/will be doing their best to keep him as a regional event tool only.

Great fighter, but, 5 fights in the last 6 years is not enough.

I have enjoyed his fights and hopefully he’ll get a tough opponent next. I take it he’s not booked to fight anyone at the moment? He’s clearly above average UFC fighter and he’s getting up there in age.

He looks like he’s crazy, too. Maybe it’s his eyes.

claudio-henrique-da-silva-ufc-fight-night-130-1.jpg

He's the WW version of Leonardo Santos in the old Brazilian who aint getting a push respect.

He has pulled out a few times, he must be injured at the moment because he's usually booked on the London cards (he trains in England, London Shootfighters I think, or at least he used to).

In terms of fight style I don't see him as a rankings quality fighter personally, but he should at least be given the chance to prove me wrong. I think Leon would beat him nowadays.

This guy is on a 14 fight win streak (9 subs,2 kos)
Five fight win streak in the UFC
Has a victory over Leon Edwards

Granted, Leon hasn't been tested, this guy, who has a win over Leon, has potential to be another formidable challenger in the next few fights.

I guess the difference was that Leon was more active, and got snuffed with a three piece by Jorge which afforded him the spotlight.

Anyone have the lowdown on this dude? TBH I stumbled upon him from looking at Leon's fight history.
Name sounds very familiar but don't think I've ever seen any of his fights.
solid fighter, if UFC matches him vs a decent wrestler he is gonna get starched

That fight with Edwards was home cooking. Bad decision.

He is very similar to Diego Ferreira, both in fighting style and career arc; maybe he'll get his chance, too.

He is 37 and Brazilian. The UFC is/will be doing their best to keep him as a regional event tool only.

This guy gets it. I hate him, personally. But I will say that since his ridiculous hiatus he's been 200 x more exciting to watch. I reckon he'll get someone like Gunnar Nelson.

Danny Roberts gave him all he could handle, so I wouldn't expect to see him crack the top 10 any time soon.

Back