Joanna Jedrzejczyk eyes potential trilogy fight against Rose Namajunas: ‘I want that one’

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“I am really proud of myself and my team of how we fought that last fight against Rose Namajunas. The fight could have gone either way and the loss was hard to swallow and maybe I didn’t do enough. Now, I know I believe in myself 100 percent and can do enough to win,” Jedrzejczyk said to BJPENN.com. “I’m really happy for Rose that she is back and fighting Andrade and having the rematch. We will see what is next, but that fight makes sense as it is big money. I want that one.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...fense-against-rose-namajunas-i-want-that-one/

Hope she's not pulling a Corey Anderson here and overlooking her next opponent. Beating Zhang will probably be tougher for her than beating Blachowicz would've been for him.

Already looking past Zhang and still believes she should've beaten Rose in the rematch...
<{hfved}>

giphy.gif

Rose can scrape her corpse up and slap her around again after Weili is done with her

If this is any indication of where her head is at right now, she's going to get destroyed by Zhang

This gal should just focus and be grateful on what's coming up. She lost re match to Rose and there was no " maybe I didnt do enough". JJ is a little " off " to me. Somebody ought to turn on that lamp, she has another shot at a title coming up.

The queen will get her title back!

m2bdrhilxtm31.jpg

740full-joanna-jedrzejczyk.jpg

Already looking past Zhang and still believes she should've beaten Rose in the rematch...
<{hfved}>
I don't believe any of these fighters when they say they haven't put any thought into their next opponent. They spend a solid two months preparing for a fight and never once contemplate their potential next opponent? Yeah right. Especially when everyone knows the octagon interview includes the "who's next" question.

You're down 0-2. It's over. Let it go.

Christ joanna has become quite annoying.

Joanna listen up! You FOUGHT Namajunas twice now, and got BEATEN fair and square twice now. There is NO REASON for yet another shot at her whatsoever. So...if you fight her 3 times and you lose 3 times....then you think you deserve a 4th try??? How about 5th try? HOw about you agree to fight 10 times with the same girl and hey...if you lose 9 times....then maybe 10 is your lucky number?

The reality is simply this :
- Joanna's two weight-classes she can make are 115 and 125lbs.
- Joanna knows she is not beating Shevchenko at 125lbs. Tried that, got beaten.
- So Joanna knows that her only chance of being champion again is at 115lbs. OK cool, and she has yet another title-fight against Weili Zhang.

If she wins or loses, she is pitching Namajunas. Has there ever been a precedent where tow people fought twice, and one person lost twice in a row and yet they are still asking for a 3rd fight?? Cormier is about it (vs Jones, technically one fight was ruled a NC).

Not a lie in site! JJ still my gal! Hopefully she she's not looking past Zhang though. I had Zhang in that before the whole Corona Virus fiasco (scrambling to get to the US) it most likely affected the quality of her preparation. I can definitely see JJ taking the trilogy with Rose, shit I thought she won the rematch, I am admittedly biased though. JJ ate a lot of shots in the second fight that she wasn't even seeing coming in the first. I really believe her weight cut and drama pre-217 cost JJ, maybe not of a victory but at the very least a much better performance.

Christ joanna has become quite annoying.

Joanna listen up! You FOUGHT Namajunas twice now, and got BEATEN fair and square twice now. There is NO REASON for yet another shot at her whatsoever. So...if you fight her 3 times and you lose 3 times....then you think you deserve a 4th try??? How about 5th try? HOw about you agree to fight 10 times with the same girl and hey...if you lose 9 times....then maybe 10 is your lucky number?

The reality is simply this :
- Joanna's two weight-classes she can make are 115 and 125lbs.
- Joanna knows she is not beating Shevchenko at 125lbs. Tried that, got beaten.
- So Joanna knows that her only chance of being champion again is at 115lbs. OK cool, and she has yet another title-fight against Weili Zhang.

If she wins or loses, she is pitching Namajunas. Has there ever been a precedent where tow people fought twice, and one person lost twice in a row and yet they are still asking for a 3rd fight?? Cormier is about it (vs Jones, technically one fight was ruled a NC).
There where talks of a Jacare x Camozzi trilogy so...
<Fedor23>

Ironically, she'd be better off not mentioning Rose. She could conceivably be champ again soon, while Rose has to rematch Andrade.

Hallman finished Hughes twice, almost instantly each time. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who rates Hallman as a better fighter overall though.
Joanna should move on, I say that as a fan

I don’t know how this small response to a question can generate this much hate. It wasn’t that egregious, she was pretty fair.

Rose after getting the "your rent here is free" notice from JJ's head...

giphy.gif

Back