Francis Not Impressed by Roze After Ref Gifted His Win Against Overeem

Who had the more impressive win against Overeem?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“No, I haven’t seen nothing to impress me. Regarding that fight against Overeem, I mean, he got beat up the entire fight and he got lucky at the end of the fight basically by the early stoppage. The referee, in my opinion was early, and you know, he gave him the win. But, honestly, his UFC career, nothing to impress.

I haven’t seen nothing, but with that being said, it’s not to underestimate him, because he was a kickboxer, and he has some good hands, so he knows the striking game. Now lets find out what he knows about MMA.

“Honestly he wasn’t the one that I was expecting but they wanted him to fight me and that’s why they made it so fast,” Ngannou said. “The guy went from ranked what, he was ranked 13 or 14 to No. 5 basically with that fight, that fight he had against Alistair Overeem so it was clear that they just wanted to push him up and to make that fight happen.

“Realistically, Volkov was the one making sense but Volkov has been turning down the fight several times. Rozenstruik was obviously calling me out which is something that doesn’t happen often so at least with Rozenstruik, you know for a fact that the fight will happen.

“The only way I see the fight going is me knocking him out. Round 1 or Round 2, I don’t know so I hope he’s good enough to pass Round 1 because Round 1 I’ll just take to set up.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...-rozenstruik-not-impressed-wont-underestimate

maxresdefault.jpg

960x0.jpg

Last edited:
“No, I haven’t seen nothing to impress me. Regarding that fight against Overeem, I mean, he got beat up the entire fight and he got lucky at the end of the fight basically by the early stoppage. The referee, in my opinion was early and you know, he gave him the win but honestly his UFC career, nothing to impress.

I haven’t seen nothing, but with that being said, it’s not to underestimate him because he was a kickboxer and he has some good hands so he knows the striking game. Now lets find out what he knows about MMA.

“Honestly he wasn’t the one that I was expecting but they wanted him to fight me and that’s why they made it so fast,” Ngannou said. “The guy went from ranked what, he was ranked 13 or 14 to No. 5 basically with that fight, that fight he had against Alistair Overeem so it was clear that they just wanted to push him up and to make that fight happen.

“Realistically, Volkov was the one making sense but Volkov has been turning down the fight several times. Rozenstruik was obviously calling me out which is something that doesn’t happen often so at least with Rozenstruik, you know for a fact that the fight will happen.

“The only way I see the fight going is me knocking him out. Round 1 or Round 2, I don’t know so I hope he’s good enough to pass Round 1 because Round 1 I’ll just take to set up.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...-rozenstruik-not-impressed-wont-underestimate
Says he wont underestimate him, but it sounds a lot like hes underestimating him.

Doesnt Francis have like 0% win rate in fights he cant finish? Rozenstruik has a pretty dang solid chin and can go 5 rounds....

Overeem is a worse style match up than Ngannou IMO.
Overeem is too smart and clever to counter strike him, the guy made a prime JDS look like a bum with feints and timing (JDS looked prime in his fight with Rothwell right after)

Ngannou is far more dangerous but Rozenstruik is a counter striker and could potentially do what Stipe did
I got Ngannou by KO tho

Rozenstruik destroyed Overeem.

Ppl think Rozen is just some Derrick Lewis type brawler which is 100% not the case. He had ONE bad performance against Reem and ppl write him off? What about Francis getting schooled by Stipe on the feet and ground? What about Francis performance against Lewis?

This fight is a lot closer than ppl think. I believe Rozen realizes how lucky he got to get that last second KO and he will factor that into his next fight.

I'm a huge Rozen fan and I believe he wins this fight bc he is hungrier than ever, looking in amazing shape, and has more weapons. Dude has also showed an iron chin.

To me it's a pick'em almost

LOL @ the poll.

How is that even a question?

Francis to win Via Ko.

but it is HW so anything can and will happen. Hate how the UFC derails contenders. Both Francis and Roz shod be in line for a TS together taking gimmie fights to feed the hype.

Ufc sucks

Frank’s two losses in a row were pretty impressive. He probably gasses just giving interviews.

One guy was able to score a somewhat controversial KO on the very last second, while devastating (visually), cant compare to what Ngannou did, he LEGIT put Overeem out and didnt took 24 minutes and 59 seconds in a losing fight.

Overeem is a worse style match up than Ngannou IMO.
Overeem is too smart and clever to counter strike him, the guy made a prime JDS look like a bum with feints and timing (JDS looked prime in his fight with Rothwell right after)

Ngannou is far more dangerous but Rozenstruik is a counter striker and could potentially do what Stipe did
I got Ngannou by KO tho

No he didn't, you just say that because Rogan claimed so. JDS's prime ended in the Cain rematches, it is clear as day for every fan who was around that time.

Roz trained MMA for max. 2 years, fought 4 times in 1 year, survived 5 rounds vs Reen and destroyed Reems face

that was impressive.

<{hfved}>

JDS was never the same after that second Cain fight, let's be real
His competition increased and it showed. Rothwell was on a good win streak and JDS looked like the JDS of old against him.
After getting KO'd by Stipe is when his decline started.

Mark Hunt had a bunch of success striking with JDS too but couldn't handle the speed. Overeem looked really good more so than JDS looking bad IMO

No he didn't, you just say that because Rogan claimed so. JDS's prime ended in the Cain rematches, it is clear as day for every fan who was around that time.
Dude.... I've never heard Rogan claim that. I rewatched the fight recently and Overeem kept him on his toes. looked more impressive for reem than unimpressive for JDS IMO

I think Rozenstruik is dangerous on the feet and can beat Ngannou there. Don’t sleep on him.

Back