I just rewatched Romero vs. Rockhold and Weidman for the first time on ESPN+

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
First of all I don't know why the fuck I thought Weidman was slightly winning or even Rockhold. Both first rounds were very close with Yoel showing good defense.

In the second round Yoel took over in both fights and won clearly and in the third he obliterated them. ALSO, Yoel has HANDS!!! His big ass arms make it hard to get through his defense.

Yoel, I want to formally apologize for ever disrespecting you and calling you overrated. I was probably still salty from the Jacare fight. Also like many here say the commentary of Joe Rogan can be bias. Israel is insane for calling him out when there was no need to. The two fighters that did scrape by Romero to get wins took a hellafied ass beating for their troubles.

Darren Till is a smart man... that is all.

Last edited:
For some reason the only thing i remember of the Rockold fight is the metoo moment.

B7844FC8-D087-458D-B34D-F167270B0811.png

Romero's defense is great at times and he has one hell of a chin, he made Robert break his hand by having his elbow block Robert's punches. But he's also hard as fucking steel. Both Rockhold and Whittaker said that when they were kicking and hitting him it felt like he was made of steel.

Im sure yoel is reading your stupid thread and thinking " C U soon boi?"

Israel is insane for calling him out when there was no need to. The two fighters that did scrape by Romero to get wins took a hellafied ass beating for their troubles.

Darren Till is a smart man... that is all.

<PlusJuan>

i had rockhold up against weidman even before the stupid wheel kick, pretty sure the judges did too. (edit: you weren't talking about this fight but still lol)

and i'm pretty sure rockhold was winning against romero, but that's cause romero just kinda stood there like a brick wall until the KO.

In fairness, Luke was already a broken fighter.....he just didnt know it. That yoel heat seeker that Luke ate " couldve " been THEE ONE that separated all wires that go from jaw to brain ( God damnnnn).

ironically -what Luke did to Chris in the final minute and 9 seconds of the 3rd round was so brutal and unnecessary ( fight shouldve been stopped) that I think it actually effected part of weidmans brain in taking immediate fights with Yoel and Gegard.
Romero a beast .... still hope hes got it as he'll be 43 pretty soon.

oh yeah my bad, i just edited to mention rockhold/romero though.
Luke was DEFINITELY losing. The first round was not much action. Both fighters feeling each other out and looking to set things up. Luke barely edges it. Second round Yoel comes out and blasts Rockhold immediately and before the KO this was the most significant action of the fight.

You want to hear something crazy? Yoel and Fedor are pretty much the same age (months apart).

Yoel truly has some elixir/fountain of youth somewhere

Both Luke and the Chris have proven to be chinny. Yoel is good, but people act like he is some Mike Tyson level KO artist and I don't see it.

I honestly can't understand why people think Irael is going to walk through Roidmero.

In fairness, Luke was already a broken fighter.....he just didnt know it. That yoel heat seeker that Luke ate " couldve " been THEE ONE that separated all wires that go from jaw to brain ( God damnnnn).

ironically -what Luke did to Chris in the final minute and 9 seconds of the 3rd round was so brutal and unnecessary ( fight shouldve been stopped) that I think it actually effected part of weidmans brain in taking immediate fights with Yoel and Gegard.
Romero a beast .... still hope hes got it as he'll be 43 pretty soon.
Rock maybe broken as a fighter but I don't know for certain if it was because of his chin. Obviously he has taken big, irreversible damage but that's the thing. He gets his clock cleaned, taking the full impact of flush bombs.

Weidman on the other hand really can't take a clean shot IMO. And even though Hermansson is not known ad a power puncher, I still believe it's a senseless matchup.

Both Luke and the Chris have proven to be chinny. Yoel is good, but people act like he is some Mike Tyson level KO artist and I don't see it.
Obviously chins get broken down over time, and Weidman had only been tkod before fighting Romero. You think it's possible that Yoel was the one to break his chin open? It's not like the shots he hit him or Rockhold with wouldn't knock out most fighters. Nobody's saying that Romero's a ko artist on Tyson's level, as I'm not sure any MMA fighters are, but when 11 of your 13 wins have come via knockout, you can't say that it isn't his specialty.

Chinny has nothing to do with the flying knee he landed on Chris. Or the perfectly placed bomb he threw at Luke. Chin had nothing to do with it. He's part of the reason they are considering chinny.

No matter who you are, if you eat those shots clean, you are going down.

There are certain guys that are just that dangerous. That unless it is necessary you want to avoid getting in the cage with like it's a fucking plague. Every division has one... and in the MW it's Yoel. I respect Isreal for doing it.... He's got skill and a lot of tools at his disposal to pull off the win. But if anyone can land a bomb out of nowhere and end his run. It's Yoel... So, at the end of the day as a fan I'm thankful Yoel gets another crack at the gold. But fucking hell, you have to be out of your mind to call that man out.

Rock maybe broken as a fighter but I don't know for certain if it was because of his chin. Obviously he has taken big, irreversible damage but that's the thing. He gets his clock cleaned, taking the full impact of flush bombs.

Weidman on the other hand really can't take a clean shot IMO. And even though Hermansson is not known ad a power puncher, I still believe it's a senseless matchup.
You could be right with Chris and this upcoming fight will speak volumes of his career moving forward ( or not).

Luke was always a great fighter/mmartist but his one glaring weakness was a bad one .He could be touched and rather easily at that. It caught up with him and the results couldnt be more devastating for such a talented and still young guy. " Fight IQ" defines the the best of the best in this sports history.

The flying knee Yoel hit "Teh Chris" with would have sent any two Middleweights to Bolivian.

Chinny is not part of it.

#stillmyboy

Back