Do u think Jan beats Gus in a rematch?

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
I just rewatched the fight and he was really boxing Gus ears off and Gus had to wrestle him to win a decision. Lately it seems Jan is much better controlling distance and his TDD too

Corey is as good a wrestler as Gus if not better and couldnt get anything going like in the first fight when they rematched

Jan is 7-1 in his last 8 with wins over Corey, Jimi, Krylov, Cannonier, Luke, Jacare. Only loss to Thiago Santos

I remember watching it live: Gus was getting lit up in the first round, and had to resort to panic wrestling to beat a much lesser seasoned Jan.

If they fought again, Jan would make Gus retire again...twice

I remember watching it live: Gus was getting lit up in the first round, and had to resort to panic wrestling to beat a much lesser seasoned Jan.

Again or twice. Pick one.

Yeah rematch Jan has beaten Jimi, Corey and Sokodjo now. 3-0 in rematches. His TDD has gotten alot better and in the past it seemed wrestling would be his achilles heel

Yes, yes I do. Jan's tdd has improved enough to stop Gus takedowns and, outside of Reyes, he's the best striker at lhw.

Yes, yes I do. Jan's tdd has improved enough to stop Gus takedowns and, outside of Reyes, he's the best striker at lhw.
Gus took down dudes that have never been taken down before, he'd have no trouble with Jan. Problem is Gus doesn't have the mental drive anymore he should stay retired.

Lol@people calling it 'panic' wrestling
It's MMA you goofs

As a Gus fan I hate to say it, but yes he would

The Gus that lost to Anthony Smith would probably get dominated by Jan. The problem with Gus is that he’s too emotional and stubborn to not move away from his Swedish camp. His wrestling has improved since joining the UFC but that’s it. He plateaued early and has started to decline due to his lack of motivation. He should stay retired because I don’t see him getting his head in the right place and he’ll lose to fighters he should be able to beat.

that was smart move on Gus' side, he felt there is some power in the polish' hands and took it to the ground for an easy victory against very green Ian.
I think Ian wins now. But its time to feed Ian to Jones now.....and pay something extra to the judges. again....for the 4th time.

Absolutely. Gus is extremely overrated. He's a good fighter but not this destroyer that he's meant out to be. He had close fights with Jones and DC but he still ultimately lost. Everytime he's fought someone in the top 3/4 he's been beat. His best win is over an old Glover.

Hard to say, Jan is okey but Gus will do what he needs to do to win be it wrestling (yeaht that is apparently frowned upon in this kickboxing hybrid sport) or eye pokes.

Jan is pretty much a white rampage Jackson from 2010.

But ultimately I think Gus is just in it for the money if he comes back, the man has retired like 5 times already. Jan is actually trying to win world titles, Gus is not.

Back