Should UPKICKS on your back be legal?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This is such a stupid rule.

If a guy is in your guard, you should be able to upkick that motherfucker in his face or kick him off of you regardless if he’s on his knees or not. It is not the same as a soccer kick which is pretty brutal.

The rule states that it’s considered a downed opponent. Like how? The guy is on top of YOU.

method=get&s=yushin-okami-ansderson-silva-gif.gif

Also should be legal:
Toes in the fence. I’ve never seen someone stop a takedown from grabbing his toes with the fence. You should be able to grab it with your toes, just not your fingers.

I feel like the rules are geared for people to LnP and milk the clock with no clear winner. The rules are set up for stalemates. It would benefit a ton if this was changed.

Upkicks off back - Yes
12 to 6 elbows - Yes

Toes in the fence? Nah. Dont need to see someone get their toes ripped off.

Upkicks off back - Yes
12 to 6 elbows - Yes

Toes in the fence? Nah. Dont need to see someone get their toes ripped off.

How would someone get their toes ripped off? If you’re on your back, you’re using the fence to kick off and get back up to your feet.

upkicks, soccer kicks, stomps

maxresdefault.jpg

How would someone get their toes ripped off? If you’re on your back, you’re using the fence to kick off and get back up to your feet.

Watch some YouTube footage of soccer players losing fingers after getting stuck in chain link fences during goal celebrations

That shit will change your opinion quickly

Watch some YouTube footage of soccer players losing fingers after getting stuck in chain link fences during goal celebrations

Not me, let them lose fingers or toes just bleed

source.gif

They should make kicks to the head of grounded opponent legal if you are also grounded. The problem is the rules are in the hands of bureaucrats, bureaucrats who don't necessarily understand the sport. To make a change especially a change that legalises a banned technique across muliple athletic commissions is a pain in the ass to say the least.

No matter how hard you kick someone in the face from the bottom, it can never match the damage that a flush head kick can do when both opponents are standing. Grounded kicks from the bottom should be perfectly legal.

Everything should be legal, even PED's.

justbleed.jpg

Jones caught his toe in the fence and we got to see a glimpse of what could be.

Upkicks from the back and knees to a grounded opponent should be legal as well.

c03WJoTuBv4NHoL2RYzj77__xvmPLbjlpOmovCA5QV0.gif

If you're going to make that legal - then I think you also need to make kicks to a grounded opponent illegal. Otherwise, I think it will give a HUGE advantage to the person on bottom

People forget Ferguson used this technique and nearly ko'd Barboza... the fight was actually pretty even before that.

Of course, is the most retarded rule after 6 to 12 elbows, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to have them being illegal.

Conor McGregor was able to survive the kimura from Khabib by putting his toes in the fence.

No toes in the fence, hell no.

Majority of the rules are stupid and have no place in Ultimate Fighting, this sport has been pussified beyond belief, it was not made for all these rules.

Back