Conor vs Aldo

Fedor5723

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Who would've thought in 2020. Conor is in negotiations to fight a monster top 3 lightweight Justin G in the summer to earn his shot. And Aldo is being gifted a title shot vs Henry C lol.

Conor was literally given a title shot after being inactive for 2.5 years, and Dana wanted to give him a LW title shot after beating Cerrone @ WW.

Don't think you should be talking about undeserved title shots when it comes to Conor lol...

Who would've thought in 2020. Conor is in negotiations to fight a monster top 3 lightweight Justin G in the summer to earn his shot. And Aldo is being gifted a title shot vs Henry C lol.
Aldo had a split decision against the previous contender... We can not compare the two
What I find interesting is that Conor is fighting at 170 and Aldo at 135 :eek:

Conor was literally given a title shot after being inactive for 2.5 years, and Dana wanted to give him a LW title shot after beating Cerrone @ WW.

Don't think you should be talking about undeserved title shots when it comes to Conor lol...
Not to cape for Conor, but he was the last to hold the belt and never lost it. I look at more as a chance for Khabib to prove he's the actual champ than a gift to Conor. They really just inserted him where he was previously.

Funny how these things happen...

320.jpg

Gaethje has nothing on Cejudo tbf, should be an easy win for Conor. I hope Conor takes this fight or Masvidal, fuck the Pacquiao nonsense.

The only thing more obvious than the troll is the alt troll.

Not to cape for Conor, but he was the last to hold the belt and never Defended it. I look at more as a chance for Khabib to prove he's the actual champ than a gift to Conor. They really just inserted him where he was previously.
FTFY

Conor only deserved the FW title shot. He had a TS against Alvarez because of... nothing. Didn´t defend, it was stripped, and the he was given ANOTHER TS at LW. After he defeated Cowboy, Dana wanted to give him EVEN ANOTHER TS.
Now, tell me more about how Aldo is being gifted.

Title defenses?

Funny how in 2010, when Conor was 4-2 and losing to random cans, Aldo was already WEC champ.

Conor is not into title defense.
UFC belt are like olympic gold
Catch one then brag about it all your life

To be the real, legit champ..all you have to do is beat the champion fairly. Defending the title is just like winning the championship rds...people put a high value on it, but it doesn't actually mean anything more than you are still the champion. The same people that say Conor's FW title was bogus, because he didn't defend it or give Aldo a rematch, have no problem calling Khabib the champ after beating Al. You can't have it both ways.

To be the real, legit champ..all you have to do is beat the champion fairly. Defending the title is just like winning the championship rds...people put a high value on it, but it doesn't actually mean anything more than you are still the champion. The same people that say Conor's FW title was bogus, because he didn't defend it or give Aldo a rematch, have no problem calling Khabib the champ after beating Al. You can't have it both ways.
Yes you can. Was Max Holloway not the legit FW champion because Conor never defended? Most people agree that you aren't a true Champion until you defend. Khabib didn't need to defend against Conor to be a true champion, just the number 1 contender. They made Conor #1 Contender and Khabib defended.

Winning the belt makes you Champion (Successful Challenger) but have you noticed Buffer announce someone as The Reigning, Defending, UFC champion? You don't get that until you have defended. Lots of UFC champions lose their titles in their first defense, Conor has won 2 belts and he will need to win a 3rd to even have a chance to lose in his first defense. Another UFC Record for him to claim perhaps?

Aldo fought the 2nd best bantamweight in the world atm. Conor busted up old cowboy

Aldo had a split decision against the previous contender... We can not compare the two
What I find interesting is that Conor is fighting at 170 and Aldo at 135 :eek:
I would love to see a 170 Conor vs a 135 Aldo just to see him beat the knockout record again.

Back