@red
Reaction score
Khabib def. Hooker vía TKO rd 4
1-Tony Ferguson: Ferguson def. Hooker vía TKO rd 5
2-Dustin Poirier: Poirier def. Hooker vía TKO rd 4 or SD
3-Conor McGregor: McGregor def. Hooker via TKO rd 2
4-Justin Gaethje: Gaethje def. Hooker via KO rd 2
5-Donald Cerrone: Hooker def. Cerrone vía UD

Based on that performance against Felder, I got Hooker only beating Cerrone by UD and maybe Poirier by Split Decision.

Agreed. He's good but not elite like the guys at the top of the LW division.

Same boat as Felder. I'd watch those two guys fight each other every week though.

How does one predict a fight to be a split decision, exactly?

Khabib def. Hooker vía TKO rd 4
1-Tony Ferguson: Ferguson def. Hooker vía TKO rd 5
2-Dustin Poirier: Poirier def. Hooker vía TKO rd 4 or SD
3-Conor McGregor: McGregor def. Hooker via TKO rd 2
4-Justin Gaethje: Gaethje def. Hooker via KO rd 2
5-Donald Cerrone: Hooker def. Cerrone vía UD

Based on that performance against Felder, I got Hooker only beating Cerrone by UD and maybe Poirier by Split Decision.
I see the rankings as Khabib,Conor,Dustin , Justin and Tony as top 5 and all of them finish anyone ranked under them and some have already proved it. After that it is Hooker, Felder and Lee but with Lee being beaten twice by Al even that ranking is questionable.

Agreed. He's good but not elite like the guys at the top of the LW division.

Same boat as Felder. I'd watch those two guys fight each other every week though.[/QUOTE)
Agreed but next time they fight in Felder's home town.

LW is a weak division with well known names.

Last edited:
Poirier sleeps him or gets the UD. All that wrestling preparation he did for Khabib will have him more than prepared for the moment Hooker starts panic wrestling after getting wobbled.

Conor sparks him via beautiful distruction putting City Kickboxing on notice.

Gaethje could go either way, but I lean Gaethje by KO slightly, Hookers not out of his depth that fight but can be slept.

Tony either subs him or takes the UD.

Khabib...well Khabib does what he always does.

Felder and Hooker always seem not so great to me. They smash people below them but the top guys seem to be a level above.

Gotta ask who you picked for hooker v Felder?
Al v hooker, Vick v hooker ?

Are you sure about those predictions or are you still a bit upset ?

He's 30 now and about to reach his prime.
His striking looked way better than against Barboza. That's partly due to the style difference and Felder's bad defense, throwing so many hooks and having slow footwork.
How long is he at City kickboxing now?
He looks way more fluent now. At Tiger Muay thai he was stiff and awkward.

If City kickboxing + prime is the reason for him getting better, than he has a chance against Cerrone and a punchers chance against Ferguson.

I think even Cerrone takes him...if it's not for a title shot.

Cowboy in the top 5
giphy.gif

Gotta ask who you picked for hooker v Felder?
Al v hooker, Vick v hooker ?

Are you sure about those predictions or are you still a bit upset ?

I picked Hooker to win all of them, even though I don’t care for him. And yes I am upset.

Not on my list ;)
point is lightweight is overrated. it's waaay to top heavy. after tony and khabib, unless gaethje is as troublesome as i lowkey think he is, the next tier of contenders are a sharp decline in skill. apart from tony and gathje and maybe lee, i see noone posing any challenge to khabib and quite frankly i do not care to see any of them. look at bantamweight. if cejudo was not chasing pensioners around, that title would change hands like a game of hot potatoes. fatherweight is the same, if dana white wasn't such a jizz stain, and gatekeeping the title shot for max holloway, things would be interesting (P.S i totally think korean zombie was paid off to give the ufc space to make the rematch, the timing is too convenient and zombie's presence in the mix creates doubt around the legitimacy of the rematch.) Otherwise at lw who is there besides tony and khabib? Hooker? felder? cerrone? al and poirier and again? Lee, gillespie, oliveira, santos etc are interesting but noone wants to fight them so they're buried in the lower rankings. Lw is a joke, too much politicking and not enough fighting. FKL is my hero for taking on fights noone wants to. with all due respect, fuck lightweight.

The UFC LW rankings are full of old men on the decline. I think Patricio Pitbull and Michael Chandler would bully everyone in the division aside from Khabib and Tony.

I won't dispute your claims, my comment was centered around the fact that a guy who has been annihilated 3 fights in a row is holding down a top 5 spot when 6 thru 10 are guys with legit W streaks

Last edited:
I picked Hooker to win all of them, even though I don’t care for him. And yes I am upset.

Kudos to your honesty mate. I know Felder hanging em up sucks . Hopefully his team and he decide to continue fighting but not travelling the world.. ( Its also why when he said that dan raised his arm. He actually was trying to stop Felder removing his gloves. Thought it wasn't the right time for Felder to decide )

But in regards to your top 5 point .

Khabib definitely the major favorite but always a chance for the knee. And well Khabib would be expected to win vs every lw.
Tony definitely favourite again. Honestly I would expect a fun fight tho
Connor. Don't know Hookers hard to put away. Depends on Connors cardio imo
gaethe . Would be a fun fight regardless
Cerrone just not that interested in think dan would finish him pretty quickly.

Back