Porier still the third best lightweight

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If hooker and felder proved anything is that the talent at lightweight drops a lot after the three first contenders, if tony or gaethje doesnt defeat khabib there isn't much more chalenges in the division, honestly looking better i don't think lw is such a shark tank, if you compare it with the bw division, there are not that many great guys at the top 10

Unfortunately I think Dustin is slowly going to tail off now, he's been in a lot of wars, eventually they'll catch up.

Gaethje is up there and he is dangerous... still
Oliviera and Lee are also interesting to watch.
There is several fighters who moved up to WW who are probably more than open to have a super fight ( Diaz, Conor, Masvidal... GSP :eek:
Many interesting options in my book
cant handle the truth.gif

Im talking about title contenders
Gaethje is up there and he is dangerous... still
Oliviera and Lee are also interesting to watch.
There is several fighters who moved up to WW who are probably more than open to have a super fight ( Diaz, Conor, Masvidal... GSP :eek:
Many interesting options in my book
View attachment 735433

Im talking about title contenders
Yes, some title contenders right there.
Of course many fighters might look average because of Khabib, he is one special animal.
But the pool is still full of monsters like BW

it was a rhetorical question ... too bad u didn't understand mate
yeah I understand, it's you who doesn't follow. I'm saying that your rhetorical question was an illogical analogy. connor clearly beats both of them right now.

Dustin has peaked imo, and I mean that as a compliment and not a dig.

Hes busted his ass for where hes at, hes done lots of good for his community and he generally carries himself in an admirable way.....
As a man, not just a cagefighter.

But he's held gold. He beat a reigning champion to attain it. Hes also seen the impossibility of overcoming the mountaintop in Khabib.
Nothing in his demeanor makes me think "Top 3 in the world, champion maybe someday"

I hope I'm wrong fwiw

Thats just the product of a dominant Champ take out Khabib and you have a open division. LW has depth but since Khabib is ruling that division the competition looks weaker.

Hard to know unless the guy fights again. Any news on a fight? I haven’t seen anything.

yeah I understand, it's you who doesn't follow. I'm saying that your rhetorical question was an illogical analogy. connor clearly beats both of them right now.
What exactly are you basing that on? His question was just as logical as yours based on the evidence at hand.

Conor beat Cowboy too score his first win in 4 years and second finish in 5 tries above FW while Dustin has shown marked improvement over that same 4 years with 7 fights, beating 5 top 10 opponents finishing 3 of them while also posing more of a threat too Khabib than Conor did in the only loss during that span and only second as a LW in 11 fights with an 8-2-1 record and 6 finishes all by KO. Seems too me the evidence would indicate Dustin is a much more proven fighter above 145 no?

Dustin is a very different animal today in the LW division.

Does Johnson beat Poirier again too, I mean he did knock him out cold and he got that finish faster than Conor did?

As for Duffy yeah, Conor should win that but since Joe is a very skilled Boxer himself and we already know he can get the sub should the fight hit the ground that's no guarantee either.

Hard to know unless the guy fights again. Any news on a fight? I haven’t seen anything.
Poirier was trying to pursue Nate Diaz for a fight but UFC recently told him (so I read) that Nate Diaz fight isn't happening so he got that and dropped his pursuit of Nate. Now he seems to have moved on to trying to get a fight with Iaquinta. So it seems that fight *might* happen.

Obviously the top 2 guys Khabib and Tony have a fight in April and below them everyone is trying to position themselves as the next inline for a title-shot. I'd like to see Gaethje get a title-shot next really. He ALWAYS has exciting fights, he has done everything UFC asked him to do.
Iaquinta and Poirier have both fought Khabib and both lost. Poirier has fought Gaethje and beat him.

So if we assume Khabib and Tony are the Top2, then I do think Poirier and Gaethje are No.3 and 4, probably in that order as Poirier has already defeated Justin Gaethje.

What exactly are you basing that on? His question was just as logical as yours based on the evidence at hand.

Conor beat Cowboy too score his first win in 4 years and second finish in 5 tries above FW while Dustin has shown marked improvement over that same 4 years with 7 fights, beating 5 top 10 opponents finishing 3 of them while also posing more of a threat too Khabib than Conor did in the only loss during that span and only second as a LW in 11 fights with an 8-2-1 record and 6 finishes all by KO. Seems too me the evidence would indicate Dustin is a much more proven fighter above 145 no?

Dustin is a very different animal today in the LW division.

Does Johnson beat Poirier again too, I mean he did knock him out cold and he got that finish faster than Conor did?

As for Duffy yeah, Conor should win that but since Joe is a very skilled Boxer himself and we already know he can get the sub should the fight hit the ground that's no guarantee either.
This.

Back