Does Mike Perry's win over Al Iaquinta at SUG diminish khabins win?

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Mike Perry, one of the smallest welterweights, easily neutralized Al's grappling and won in overtime. Does this diminish khabibs win? Arguably khabibs toughest match?

Arguably Khabib's toughest match...

50-43 decision victory.

<bball2>

Call me when mike beats khabib in mma fight

Arguably Khabib's toughest match...

50-43 decision victory.

<bball2>
c70cf70efd3cadf69076922b9c611491.AL-Flyer2.jpg

interesting how this guy always feels he needs to defend american wrestling in one way or another. one giant chip on his shoulder

interesting how this guy always feels he needs to defend american wrestling in one way or another. one giant chip on his shoulder
How am I defending american wrestling? Al lost to a guy with the worst grappling at welterweight, a guy who stuffed khabibs takedowns for two rounds

No it doesn't diminish anything. Everything leading up to that fight between Iaquinta/Khabib was off. The switching of opponents before it was finalized that it would be Iaqunta at last minute would mess up many a fighter. Al went in intent to shock the world and put forth the best he had. Khabib probably was more in a play it safe mode with an opponent he had not prepared for.

Damn bru i bet u have nightmares of khabib lmao u cant stop talking bout him.

SUG Rules are fucking stupid. Perry got taken down, controlled, and presented no threat to Al in round 1. The winning by fastest escape is just a dumb concept that only exists so that the worse guy has a chance to win if he can just survive. They should just do referees decision and have a longer first round.

How am I defending american wrestling? Al lost to a guy with the worst grappling at welterweight, a guy who stuffed khabibs takedowns for two rounds
There are far worse grapplers than Perry and Perry would have lost under any other rule set

Diminish Khabib’s win? Does anyone actually care about someone beating Iaquinta? It’s not an impressive win for anyone in the top 10. Al is not elite and never will be. Beating him means nothing except getting a win bonus.

Mike Perry, one of the smallest welterweights, easily neutralized Al's grappling and won in overtime. Does this diminish khabibs win? Arguably khabibs toughest match?
Did you watch the match??? Al clearly did not know the rules. He got one of Perry's legs in a figure four immediately two separate times and the Judge counted it as an escape which won him the match. Someone even yelled "The Twister is a thing!" because both times Al had the controlling position but he counted it as an escape even through Al put him in that position and had his back still.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back