Conor's next fight: Only opponent that makes sense is...

youllneverwalkalone

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
...Dustin Poirier.

Imho the time has come for the rematch.

Jorge is fighting Usman next, so that ship has sailed for the moment.

Khabib seems dead serious about not giving Conor the next TS off of his Cerrone victory (and thank goodness for that).

There is no way in hell Conor is going to fight the Justin Gaethjes or Dan Hookers of this world.

Dustin is a bigger name than those, a good stylistic matchup for Conor. Most importantly, he is a legit top LW, so nobody can deny he deserves the next TS if he beats Poirier a second time.

Thoughts?

Dana has already stated that Conor is fighting the winner of Khabib / Tony, so, sorry pal that is the only fight that makes sense.

{<Mcgoat}

Last edited:
Poirer at 155 is the best choice.
Dusting is top5 and the rematch needs to happen.
If Conny wants a rematch, he needs to give one or two himself.

Dana has already stated that Conor is fighting the winner of Khabib / Tony, so, sorry pal that is the only fight that makes sense.

Well, what Dana says isn't necessarily what happens, or have you just started watching the UFC? <45>

Also, now I really hope Tony wins. That really would throw a spanner in the works.

I agree to some extent, but it's not a sexy fight. No way the UFC could justify a PPV main event on it. Plus, if Dustin were to win, where does he go from there? If Khabib holds the belt, it's not like a rematch should really happen anytime soon. Poirier was completely ineffective last September. Poirier should fight Hooker or FKL if he takes care of Oliveira.

Take the biggest money fight while it’s on the table, so hopefully Khabib wins and they do the rematch.

Gaethje fight for number 1 contender status makes the most sense to me.

Well, what Dana says isn't necessarily what happens, or have you just started watching the UFC? <45>

Also, now I really hope Tony wins. That really would throw a spanner in the works.

Dana’s will WILL be done.

God save Khabib if Tony loses. Conor will make mince meat of him.

He’d beat Tony fast too tho.

Diego Sanchez is a legend!

Guy coming off a win vs guy coming off a loss? What does a win do for poirier? "So what he beat McGregor" what does a win do for Conor? "Oh he beat a khabibs leftovers, a guy he already melted."

Stupid fight, give em gaethje or just throw em in against tony kabob winner and get it over with so we can stop with the McGregor 2.0 threads.

Guy coming off a win vs guy coming off a loss? What does a win do for poirier? "So what he beat McGregor" what does a win do for Conor? "Oh he beat a khabibs leftovers, a guy he already melted."

Stupid fight, give em gaethje or just throw em in against tony kabob winner and get it over with so we can stop with the McGregor 2.0 threads.

^

Mean Machine ready for Conor 3.0 threads

<209Bitch>

Dustin has absolutely NOTHING for McGregor.
1st tike he crumbled from the punches in what 2 minutes?
And NO, Dustin isnt the only who's gotten better and skilled since then. I think McGregor has done pretty well for himself since then so dont use the whole "Halloway improved so much since the 1st fight" bullshit excuse.

Back