Zabeast is the clear no. 1 contender right?

KawhiDoh

I Am The Wind That Shapes The Land
@purple
Reaction score
The only other fighter that I can see that's deserving a shot at the title too is Yair, however, he lost not to long ago and they both have recent wins in the top 10, sharing one of those wins in Stephens.

While a win over no.4 KZ is better than no.10 Kattar, Yair is technically only a 2 fight win streak, while Zabit is 18-1.

There should be an eliminator between the two if the UFC brass doesn't think either is deserving over the other. Hopefully Yair doesn't run from him this time.

I'd also like to say that FW is unbelievably stacked, might be my favorite division, so many contenders.

The only other fighter that I can see that's deserving a shot at the title too is Yair, however, he lost not to long ago and they both have recent wins in the top 10, sharing one of those wins in Stephens.

While a win over no.4 KZ is better than no.10 Kattar, Yair is technically only a 2 fight win streak, while Zabit is 18-1.

There should be an eliminator between the two if the UFC brass doesn't think either is deserving over the other. Hopefully Yair doesn't run from him this time.

I'd also like to say that FW is unbelievably stacked, might be my favorite division, so many contenders.
Nope. The level of competition for Zabit is not good and there is his cardio issues

Zabit is heavily overrated here.

ortega beats him easily, still wish we get to see KZ vs Ortega sometime soon.

Nope. The level of competition for Zabit is not good and there is his cardio issues
As I said, Yair does have one better win, but they share an opponent in their last couple of fights, so it's not like he has it by a landslide.

If his level of comp isn't good enough, then him and Yair should definitely fight for an eliminator.

That or KZ.

Zabit is heavily overrated here.

ortega beats him easily, still wish we get to see KZ vs Ortega sometime soon.
Why do you think Ortega beats him?

Why do you think Ortega beats him?
Ortega is proven against much better competition, has a better chin, cardio, and striking.

he is just better than zabit everywhere. I hope zabit signs that contract so he we get to see this. Only thing worrying is now Ortega will be facing pretty bad ring rust being out over a year.

Ortega is proven against much better competition, has a better chin, cardio, and striking.

he is just better than zabit everywhere. I hope zabit signs that contract so he we get to see this. Only thing worrying is now Ortega will be facing pretty bad ring rust being out over a year.

Imho Zabit schools Ortega possibly even more than Max did. Zabit might be a higher level grappler than anybody Ortega has faced so far, which doesn't really matter anyway cause there is no way in hell Ortega would be able to take him down. Zabit is going to hit him at will in the first part of the fight and accumulated damage is going to do the rest.

It looks like they are going to do the rematch with Holloway first, which (for once) makes sense considering that the first fight was close and how dominant a champ Max was.

Zabit is up there but I think he needs one more win.

Imho Zabit schools Ortega possibly even more than Max did. Zabit might be a higher level grappler than anybody Ortega has faced so far, which doesn't really matter anyway cause there is no way in hell Ortega would be able to take him down. Zabit is going to hit him at will in the first part of the fight and accumulated damage is going to do the rest.
I disagree.

Ortega would finish zabit within 2.

It looks like they are going to do the rematch with Holloway first, which (for once) makes sense considering that the first fight was close and how dominant a champ Max was.

Zabit is up there but I think he needs one more win.
I see, that's fair.

In that case they should make Yair vs Zabit the co main for the PPV between Max and Volkan.

Or considering Volkan is healing up they could have it as a main event on an undercard for a PPV or the main for a Fight Night so that plenty of people see it.

I wouldn't say anyone's a clear contender at the moment. Lot of great fights to make in that division.
Looks like they're booking Holloway vs volkanovski rematch so making 2 fights out of Ortega, Yair, Zabit and Korean Zombie makes the most sense. Any combination would be great.

29-28 victories over Stephens and Kattar isn't enough to justify any idea of a title shot. I'm all for it if he beats Ortega or soundly beats Yair. I would include KZ in that, but I don't think he should have to fight anyone else to get a title shot of his own.

I wouldn't say anyone's a clear contender at the moment. Lot of great fights to make in that division.
Looks like they're booking Holloway vs volkanovski rematch so making 2 fights out of Ortega, Yair, Zabit and Korean Zombie makes the most sense. Any combination would be great.

This 100%. KZ, Zabit and Yair are all pretty much 1 win away from being the clear #1 contender. Ortega would most likely need to fight more than once, it would depend on who and how he beats next, and on whether Max or Volk will be champion at the time.

Keep in mind that if Max beats Volk in the rematch we are likely heading towards a trilogy, meaning there is a lot of time to sort out who gets the next shot. Bottom line, they should make those four guys fight each other.

Isn't Ortega busy moisturising on Instagram or something? In any case I think Ortega has better cardio than Zabit and more punching power, also better subs. But he is flat footed and too slow to catch Zabit, who will point fight him with kicks and in-and-out movements.

Max vs Volk rematch and Zabit vs Yair for the number 1 contender. Zabit's people will insist on a 2 round fight and Yair would want a 5 rounder. They will eventually agree on a 3 round fight. Hopefully they put it on the same card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back