Felder vs. Hooker Rematch?

Should the rematch be next?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
20200222065241_GettyImages1208057017.JPG

If Felder doesn't retire, and Hooker isn't given much chance against Justin, and Justin still wants to wait for the titleshot, should the rematch be next? The majority of Sherdog thought Felder won and the fight was rated high enough (8+/10), and it was FOTN; so is there any reason not to rematch?

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Dan Hooker and Paul Felder put on a show at UFC Fight Night 168 that won’t soon be forgotten. The two lightweights received “Fight of the Night” honors and $50,000 apiece for their headlining affair at Spark Arena in Auckland, New Zealand, on Saturday night. The five-round contest featured multiple momentum swings and plenty of action, but ultimately it was Hooker who emerged with a split-decision triumph in front of his home crowd.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/U...ht-of-the-Night-for-Entertaining-Scrap-170455

LIGHTWEIGHT RANKINGS
KHABIB
Tony Ferguson
Dustin Poirier
Conor McGregor
Justin Gaethje
Donald Cerrone
Paul Felder
Dan Hooker

Felder deserves a rematch 100 percent, but Felder says he wants to retire and that supersedes what anyone else wants.

I say yes only for the fact that i dont care.

Weird.

No, great fight but greater fights in the past haven’t had instant rematches.

Gaethje vs Hooker
Felder vs Barboza 3

Last edited:
It was a great fight, but I don't know how much sense it would make if either man wants to climb up the rankings.

No because Paul doesn’t have anything to prove to danman hooker. Paul is a better fighter. Although with Dans length and technical striking, he could move his way up the rankings. Him and McG might actually be a competitive fight next.

The winner of a fight like that deserves something bigger

Paul Felder is retired

Dan Broke him

Felder wouldn't give Barboza an immediate rematch so it's only fair that Hooker deny him an immediate rematch.

Back