Prime Cain respect thread

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
People talk about how Prime Overeem was the scariest heavyweight ever and he truly was at one point but then there was Cain, who looked far from a destroyer and yet he ran through people viciously. I mean, we talk about how brutal Khabib is but Cain was brutalizing people on the ground way before that, his run before all the injuries started piling up was far more brutal than what Khabib did, and that is saying something.
It truly is a fucking pity that the injuries robbed us of a almost certain GOAT career, when he destroyed Brock people were hailing him as the next Fedor and I can this with certainty, NO heavyweight ever was going to beat Cain that night, not even Overeem.
At his peak, Cain was the most skilled heavyweight ever.
Pity that his body is so broken down that he can't even perform in the WWE, first match ended in a minute because his knee was banged up. Regardless, Cain was a destroyer and his fights were amazing to watch. He was not a huge star but he really gave us some amazing moments, from destroying Brock, to painting the octagon with Silva's blood and especially that staredown at ufc 166 (which was one of the greatest events ever imo) when he met Junior in the middle during his taunt, legitimately one of the most hype moments in history.

CainVelasquez2EstherLinMMAFighting6-2-12_crop_north.jpg Cain-Velasquez.jpg472eaa39751751a4997c459ccc3d5aa1.png
WAR CAIN.

Prime Cain is still the UFC HW GOAT and its not even close.

giphy.gif

DecentGlisteningBilby-small.gif

cain-gif-3.gif

Last edited:
Love me some Cain and youre right that Staredown at the middle of the octagon when JDS throws the gauntlet and Cain meets him in the middle and nods his head like "yes, bring it chump" was awesome. Cain is one of all time favorite fighters along with Fedor and Machida.

Prime Cain is a mythical being.

The sealevel Cain, that Joe Rogan never shuts up about

Too bad he couldn't keep it together to have anything more than an anemic fight schedule.

Love cain but the guy developed a horrible case of eric lindros syndrome that was just heartbreaking to watch play out.... how could something so big be so soft. Man i wish his body coulda held up a but longer for him to have had the run he deserved

People talk about how Prime Overeem was the scariest heavyweight ever and he truly was at one point but then there was Cain, who looked far from a destroyer and yet he ran through people viciously. I mean, we talk about how brutal Khabib is but Cain was brutalizing people on the ground way before that, his run before all the injuries started piling up was far more brutal than what Khabib did, and that is saying something.
It truly is a fucking pity that the injuries robbed us of a almost certain GOAT career, when he destroyed Brock people were hailing him as the next Fedor and I can this with certainty, NO heavyweight ever was going to beat Cain that night, not even Overeem.
At his peak, Cain was the most skilled heavyweight ever.
Pity that his body is so broken down that he can't even perform in the WWE, first match ended in a minute because his knee was banged up. Regardless, Cain was a destroyer and his fights were amazing to watch. He was not a huge star but he really gave us some amazing moments, from destroying Brock, to painting the octagon with Silva's blood and especially that staredown at ufc 166 (which was one of the greatest events ever imo) when he met Junior in the middle during his taunt, legitimately one of the most hype moments in history.

View attachment 734687 View attachment 734689View attachment 734691
WAR CAIN.
Most overrated fighter in UFC history. Good fighter, slightly above average resume in terms of UFC Champs . Not a top all time HW by any means.

His ko of Big Nog is my favourite and dude did brutalize the competition. He beat the fuck out of bigfoot and jds twice each. He was a monster in prime and a treat to watch.

Between 2011 and 2014 he only faced two opponents... That's why it's so hard to know if he was bound for a GOAT career or not.

Had it been 4-5 different names during this period when injuries became a problem for him, well, then all of us would agree.

i was a huge fan but i hate him now

he sold wolf tickets

Most overrated fighter in UFC history. Good fighter, slightly above average resume in terms of UFC Champs . Not a top all time HW by any means.
<45><45>
Two time champ who defended the belt and beat the fuck out of everyone viciously and he's the most overrated.Moron.

Cain was probably the only HW champ who could beat pretty much any opponent using either striking, clinch or ground game. Also, his cardio was unreal - he was spanning takedowns for 2 rounds in the JDS 2 fight and was still pushing the pace afterwards.

If only he had a weight training coach that would prevent him from going 120% strength, 50% technique in the gym.

<45><45>
Two time champ who defended the belt and beat the fuck out of everyone viciously and he's the most overrated.Moron.

He is or was at the time. He was pushed as the greatest hw ever with 8 fights. Which was always silly as there were many hw with better resumes and accomplishments at the time and now. . Fought jds and Bigfoot for half of his career.

Cain was probably the only HW champ who could beat pretty much any opponent using either striking, clinch or ground game. Also, his cardio was unreal - he was spanning takedowns for 2 rounds in the JDS 2 fight and was still pushing the pace afterwards.

If only he had a weight training coach that would prevent him from going 120% strength, 50% technique in the gym.

Dude, his stats for the first JDS fight was insane. Threw over 300 strikes and attempt fucking 33 takedown, landing 11 of them. For a heavyweight, that is fucking ungodly.

Back