Felder - Hooker was is why I love MMA

• Thread starter Deleted member 474013
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 474013

What a great fight... 5 rounds fighting with all your grit and determination. And winning not because you are some technical marvel. But because of a heart. And notice this SD, you just can not argue about that. This is how even the fight was. Also compared to boxing. There's almost zero reffere steping in. The fight is just always dymanic. And full of different movement. It feels very real.

LW is just a magical division. There's so much potential fights. And if Felder rolls a little more in this pot, he could crack at the tittle shot at some point...He's tough as nails. And can push forward if needs. Sometimes this is just enough.

I agree. Have a like

I watch MMA for stories and drama. This had neither. No heat, nothing at stake. But good luck to both, I'm sure it was a good scrap. Hooker's always shown good potential.

I watch MMA for stories and drama. This had neither. No heat, nothing at stake. But good luck to both, I'm sure it was a good scrap. Hooker's always shown good potential.

Ya missed the heat and drama then mate. Dan was pissed , refused glove touch and shaking hands at the start.

Lovely respect at the end tho

Ya missed the heat and drama then mate. Dan was pissed , refused glove touch and shaking hands at the start.

Lovely respect at the end tho
During the build up, though - did Felder tell the fans he wouldn't even take a shit in the Spark Arena much less set up an octagon in it? Hang this dandan by his nuts in front of the hometown crowd? Color Dan's face reder than me beard? Find this hooker's G spot and fry it like 5G?

Did Hooker then respond with - when you're not kissing UFC's ass, you just yap ringside and sheeeeeet... you're not even TOP 10 worthy among commentators, much less UFC lightweights.

Did Felder then flip the table and say - Yap? I spit pure fire! Like a Dragon! AN IRISH DRAGON! - then rip his shirt off, turn to the audience yelling "Welcome to the dragon age!" while flexing like Mike Matarazzo at the Olympia?

w4cUzf.gif

No, cause that'd be too much fun and people might actually tune in.

During the build up, though - did Felder tell the fans he wouldn't even take a shit in the Spark Arena much less set up an octagon in it? Hang this dandan by his nuts in front of the hometown crowd? Color Dan's face reder than me beard? Find this hooker's G spot and fry it like 5G?

Did Hooker then respond with - when you're not kissing UFC's ass, you just yap ringside and sheeeeeet... you're not even TOP 10 worthy among commentators, much less UFC lightweights.

Did Felder then flip the table and say - Yap? I spit pure fire! Like a Dragon! AN IRISH DRAGON! - then rip his shirt off, turn to the audience yelling "Welcome to the dragon age!" while flexing like Mike Matarazzo at the Olympia?

w4cUzf.gif

No, cause that'd be too much fun and people might actually tune in.

What in the actual f dude ?

Outstanding fight. A true test of wills between the number 5 and 6. Both fighters were on the rise and met at the perfect time. Hooker may have edged out the decision but Felder proved he is as tough as they come. All fighters should look to his performance in that hostile environment as inspiration.

LW is easily the deepest division with the most diverse styles. So many killers on win streaks coming up trying to get into the mix of elites

Khabib, Tony, Justin, Conor and Dustin... Not gonna be easy cracking that code.
We have several options coming up over the next year who have legit resumes... Hooker, Ferreira, FKL, Islam, Do Bronx.

Felder is going to be an even greater commentator if he is no longer competing. If he has no fire to compete anymore at age 35 then so be it. A fine ending for a bonafide gladiator

Hooker fought going backwards and dancing away from the action for minutes on end. He was fairly successful dancing with pot shots for a few rounds, but it was definitely Felder that pressed most of the action.

When Felder was finally chasing him down and landing, Hooker would try and point wrestle.

Then it ended in a somewhat ugly decision.

Not my favorite fight.

Overrated fight IMO.

The fight lacked flurries/explosiveness/huge moments.....Look they did fight for 5 rounds but it was steady fighting, a real even gritty pace.....I like fights that have huge moments, this fight didn't really have that....I mean the takedown in the end with the huge crowd uproar was probably the best moment, a fucking takedown lol.

felder won the story of the fight for sure though

You watch mma stricktly for stories and drama? Why not watch soap operas then? I can sometimes be seduced into being more interested in a fight if it feels like there is actual bad blood and I think that will make the fight itself more interesting but I have never met anyone who actually says there only in for the drama. Props to your honesty, but fans with that mindset lead the ufc and other organizations to not put on the best fights, but the most hyped outside of the actual action, which is a detriment to the sport in general.

Do you watch WWE too?

This fight should've been scored a draw

I thought Felder had it.
Looked like a bit of home-town call to me.

Back