Anybody else think Fury would dominate in the UFC?

PlatinumColbyCovington

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He'd absolutely obliterate the joke that is the UFC HW division.. his movement, speed, agility, power, stamina and obviously his boxing technique while being a mountain of a man.. and did you see those guillotine attempts? Give this guy a year to work on some takedown defense, and he'd embarrass the roster

Boxers don’t know what to do if there isn’t a referee to break up a clinch.

Did you ever watch mercer v silvia or toney va couture?

A boxers chance...

Only if Tyson can learn to defend the take down and avoid low kicks

Only if Tyson can learn to defend the take down and avoid low kicks

Did you not see him shake off that power double from Wilder like it was nothing?

Learning to check low kicks is a tougher process than takedown defense IMO. A lot of TDD is natural ability IMO.

He'd absolutely obliterated the joke that is the UFC HW division.. his movement, speed, agility, power, and obviously his boxing technique while being a mountain of a man.. and did you see those guillotine attempts? Give this guy a year to work on some takedown defense, and he'd embarrass the roster
The overall question is how impartial are these threads?

It's an interesting question, me just dabbling in boxing @ home.

Having said that... I just watched a promo by Firas Zahabi in TSF. He's doing a number of things right by my initial look at boxing. To name just one thing, he made effective use of the hands up guard. The standard one. Can't say the same for actual UFC fights I've watched.{<RR}

Of course, Coach Zahabi's video was an exhibition, in reality. Nonetheless, the potential of boxing striking seems untapped by MMA. Just an impression.

That all changes once you get kicked and somebody tries to drag you to the ground.

Not a fucking chance.

There's far too many skills he hasn't learnt that even amateur MMA fighters could exploit. These high level boxers can't compete at the highest level of MMA

He wouldn't make the weight for HW.

He's a super HW taking on HW. Boxing became a joke.

he's got that herky jerky keith jardine style.

He'd absolutely obliterate the joke that is the UFC HW division.. his movement, speed, agility, power, stamina and obviously his boxing technique while being a mountain of a man.. and did you see those guillotine attempts? Give this guy a year to work on some takedown defense, and he'd embarrass the roster
No

He would get taken down in 3 seconds and get submitted or ground and pounded

hes a natural Born fighter.

A waay more athletic and more skilled Version of Struve.

Not a fucking chance.

There's far too many skills he hasn't learnt that even amateur MMA fighters could exploit. These high level boxers can't compete at the highest level of MMA

wtf

Manuaw was 28, no background, even lied about his grappling skills and won his first pro fight & almost made it to the top.

Adensaya took MMA srsly 2-3 years ago.

Roz trained MMA for max. 2 years and he destroyed Overeems face.

Greg Hardy trained for a few years, gassed hard as fuck but he went the distance vs a legit HW.

Last edited:
It is hilarious watching a woman pretend she knows something about combat sports. So Progressive!

{<jordan}

His cardio is unreal for a guy that size. And he was using the clinch to use his weight well. Plus I guess he has kickboxing. If he has tdd, he would be champ

He's have to make weight. He's not a big puncher. UFC HW's would look to take him down where he'd likely be a whale on the ground.

Back