Dan Hooker Calls Out Justin Gaethje

Dan Hooker vs. Justin Gaethje

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Dan Hooker went one on one with Paul Felder in the main event of UFC Fight Night, Auckland. The fight was a five-round war between the two. However, Hooker pulled off a unanimous decision victory. Hooker is now on a 3 fight win streak with wins over James Vick, Al Iaquinta and Paul Felder. Post-fight, an emotional Paul Felder announced his retirement while Dan Hooker seized the opportunity to call out his next opponent. Hooker called out Justin Gaethje for a fight. Originally, Gaethje was offered to fight Dan Hooker in Auckland. But, as per Dan Hooker, Gaethje turned down the fight because it wasn’t a big fight for him. Gaethje was pushing for the Conor fight. Since he did not get it, he decided to wait out for a title shot instead. Hooker will be #6 when the rankings update; Gaethje is #4.

“I got my eye on someone,” Hooker said. “I want the battle of the highlight reel! I want Justin Gaethje next. Let’s go!”

https://www.essentiallysports.com/u...-a-gruelling-battle-calls-out-justin-gaethje/

Last edited:
He earned it, and it would be a hell of a fight. Make it happen!

Gaethje will starches him, badly. My personal take, Justin should wait for either Khabib or Conor.

Hooker should become 5, but he won't. (I don't think he's better than Cerrone, just that he should be ranked higher than him. Hooker and Felder are both not as good as Barboza either, but Edson's losses dropped him below, just like Cowboy's should.)

Gaethje should get Khabib/Tony winner, but he won't. I give it only like a 5% chance Conor even fights him to earn a title shot, or else Conor will just get the shot first, in which case, Justin vs Hooker makes the most sense.. I guess.

If Gaethje does get a title shot next, which definitely won't happen. Absolutely no fucking way Conor fights Hooker. That shit ain't happening even in any alternate universes. Maybe, at best, he gets Dustin.

Won't matter anyway, Khabib, Tony, Conor easily, and most likely Dustin & Justin, all beat Hooker handily.

Felder was landing 1-2’s on Hooker all night. Gaethje would demolish Hooker.

Dan Hooker went one on one with Paul Felder in the main event of UFC Fight Night, Auckland. The fight was a five-round war between the two. However, Hooker pulled off a unanimous decision victory. Hooker is now on a 3 fight win streak with wins over James Vick, Al Iaquinta and Paul Felder. Post-fight, an emotional Paul Felder announced his retirement while Dan Hooker seized the opportunity to call out his next opponent. Hooker called out Justin Gaethje for a fight. Originally, Gaethje was offered to fight Dan Hooker in Auckland. But, as per Dan Hooker, Gaethje turned down the fight because it wasn’t a big fight for him. Gaethje was pushing for the Conor fight. Since he did not get it, he decided to wait out for a title shot instead. Hooker will be #6 when the rankings update; Gaethje is #4.

“I got my eye on someone,” Hooker said. “I want the battle of the highlight reel! I want Justin Gaethje next. Let’s go!”

https://www.essentiallysports.com/u...-a-gruelling-battle-calls-out-justin-gaethje/

It was a split decision, not unanimous.

So he ducked one of Ali's fighters yet expects Ali will give him a higher ranked one? GTFOH

Gaethje should take the fight to solidify his #1 contender spot. (besides tony obviously)

Good fight but he's gonna lose that legkick battle

Felder vs Gaejthe would be a good match up. Both iron chins and throw bombs. Hooker sits outside and looked pretty good for one round but got lit up. Eeked out that decision.

I didn't know Ali was the matchmaker at the UFC.

He's not the matchmaker but he manages the fighter who decides whether or not to sign a bout with Hooker.

Back