UFC Fighter Reactions to Fury vs. Wilder

When should Wilder's corner have thrown in the towel?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Wilder’s corner throws in the towel, finally ending this massacre."--Sherdog.com

Honestly think the timing of throwing the towel was pretty good. Yes, maybe they could have done it a little bit earlier, but come on it's a world title fight and Wilder workes his whole life for these moments. Corner gave him every chance of recovering while also stepping in when it became ugly. Props to them.

After Wilder’s ear drum popped, that fight was over. Not sure if any of you have popped your ear drum or had related vertigo but Wilder’s chances were done the second that happened. It’s amazing he was able to stay upright as much as he did. Throwing in the towel was the right move, probably should have happened after the fourth round when it was clear his balance was done.

The corner stoppage was perfect, you have to give the champ a chance.

I think Wilder’s eardrum / equilibrium was rocked too hard and he couldn’t keep his balance. Plus the blood coming out of his mouth. That could’ve been fatal. But I’m sure Wilder’s corner knew he’d wanna keep fighting. I’d say they stopped it at the right time. Let him live to fight another day. Plus, I’m sure their corner was hoping for a 2nd wind. The thing is, I don’t think it was a fatigue issue. That was a balance / equilibrium issue. It was kinda scary to watch. I’d say it was stopped at the right time

I thought it was early at first, but I guess I'm from an older era... I guess nowadays this would be considered normal or even late

After Wilder’s ear drum popped, that fight was over. Not sure if any of you have popped your ear drum or had related vertigo but Wilder’s chances were done the second that happened. It’s amazing he was able to stay upright as much as he did. Throwing in the towel was the right move, probably should have happened after the fourth round when it was clear his balance was done.

in a Soccer match (i have no idea how) and i moved like a drunk guy.

Not many UFC fighters commentating on this or what lol?

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel with those names

in a Soccer match (i have no idea how) and i moved like a drunk guy.
Happened to me once; it felt like my head weighed 100 pounds and my legs were rubber underneath me. If I moved my head off-center at all it pulled me completely over - balance felt like I was 10-15 drinks in. I can’t imagine what it was like for Wilder managing that and trying to fight a monster like Fury. He had no chance

Early stoppage. Wilder's corner shouldn't have thrown in the towel. He always gets beat up but lands that 1 big punch. Fury was starting to get wild and Wilder could have landed that 1 shot soon.

Having learned Wilder said he wouldn't consider his career complete unless he killed a man in the ring I thought the stoppage was far, far too early.

Wilders corner threw in the towel because it’s easier to sell a rematch if he doesn’t get finished. They could see it was over.

Wilder didn't pop his ear drum.

Seemed a bit early to me. Wilder was looking better then he did in the previous rounds and was throwing much more and much harder shots then he was in the previous rounds as well. Not to mention Fury was getting a little wild with his punches which opens up more opportunities for Wilder to land his big shot. He was never severely hurt when they stopped it either.

Back