Where is Jimmy Crute's hype train?

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Haven't seen it around here. He turns 24 in a few weeks and is already 3-1 in the UFC and is probably ranked top30 already. That's pretty rare at LHW.
What's wrong about him? He isn't black? Where is the hype?

He lost to Misha Cirkunov recently, who hasn't looked good lately. I guess you could call his win over Oleksiejczuk a good win but it was over a guy who looked like he barely cuts weight for LHW and already lost to OSP who's basically a gatekeeper now.

Haven't seen it around here. He turns 24 in a few weeks and is already 3-1 in the UFC and is probably ranked top30 already. That's pretty rare at LHW.
What's wrong about him? He isn't black? Where is the hype?
Would have been building nicely if he hadn't lose to Cirnukov prior to this fight. Guy's 23 ffs if he keeps developing he's going to be a problem for nigh on anyone in a few years.

“He isn’t black?”

Yeah because only black guys like Johnny Walker, Sage Northcutt, CM Punk, Sean O Malley, and Mike Perry had hype trains....
:rolleyes:

He lost to Misha Cirkunov recently, who hasn't looked good lately. I guess you could call his win over Oleksiejczuk a good win but it was over a guy who looked like he barely cuts weight for LHW and already lost to OSP who's basically a gatekeeper now.

So he has one sub loss as a 23 year old against top20 fighter. What's your point? He isn't doing as well as Jones was at that age, so no reason for hype?

“He isn’t black?”

Yeah because only black guys like Johnny Walker, Sage Northcutt, CM Punk, Sean O Malley, and Mike Perry had hype trains....
Did CM Punk really have a hype train or was it more of a freakshow kind of curiosity? Not sure if anyone actually thought an old guy with banged up knees who never competed at a high level of any athletic competition was going to do anything in the UFC. Guy wasn't Brock. Incidentally isn't Mike Perry black?

“He isn’t black?”

Well Mike Perry is black so

So he has one sub loss as a 23 year old against top20 fighter. What's your point? He isn't doing as well as Jones was at that age, so no reason for hype?

Honestly I think Crute does deserve some hype but I merely offered reasons why he may not be getting it from others.

I'm on board. But I also have questions when a Australian dominates using wrestling. Untill getting a few proper wrestlers/ grapples I'm always tentative.

But.. War the fucking brute

lazily tossed somewhere onto the mountainous heap of light heavyweight disappointments & wastes of time

Not overly impressive but still a decent prospect just like tons of young UFC fighters. I'm not sure why you'd expect some big following. You're also on Sherdog and Crute isn't some over the top d-bag that kids love or love to hate.

I like him. I told my kid last nite that this guy might be the next big thing in LHW.

He's good. Very physically strong and aggressive, doesn't hold back at all. He tossed Michal around like a child last night, embarrassed him. Michal belongs at 185lbs, but still, good win. I don't know what his ceiling is really because I do think he'll always be out-gunned against strong wrestlers/grapplers but he's a good LHW addition.

ahahaha "jimmy crute" that cant be a real name
is he related to taint fletcher by any chance?

“He isn’t black?”

yep, another racist piece of shit comment by a sherdog neo nazi that gets ignored by the donald trump loving admin-tards...

I like Crute. I like his striking and he has a good ground game. I think the reason he isn't getting hype right now is because of his recent loss and his biggest win is Sam Alvey. If he keeps winning and gets a big name under his belt he'll start to get some hype.

yep, another racist piece of shit comment by a sherdog neo nazi that gets ignored by the donald trump loving admin-tards...

I'd agree with you. But you went on about neo Nazis n trump.. I miss the days when politics /rsce/ gender/ blah blah etc etc doesn't invade every iota of thought process.

Not to mention the countless times * white * is used as a negative on here.

Hate racists hate generalizations

He has supporters that don't post gifs.

Back