Which MMA fights deserved to throw-in-the-towel?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
From recent memory:

Mike Davis KO Thomas Gifford
SimilarPowerlessBluewhale-size_restricted.gif

Edson Barboza KO Dan Hooker
tumblr_pp6kps4N4f1r7vh24o1_540.gif

These two were some of the most brutal beat downs that I remember as of recent. Neither guy had any chance to mount a comeback and could’ve saved their future CTE had their coaches had the choice to throw in the towel.

Instead both endured a prolonged 3 round beating and then got the coupe de grace.

Sakuraba vs Dutch crunch in pride

one of the worst beatings I've ever witnessed and his countrymen should be ashamed to let his near murder take place like that

Manhoef

Any fight with a broken jaw. That is some career ending shit. Hooker is a beast for lasting that long

Jan Finley vs cyborg

Crowd felt bad to a point they booed loudly

The recent Dolloway fight when Herb refused to do his job. Probably Weidman vs Rockhold but Weidman was undefeated and it was a title fight.

Last edited:
always thought that Mir vs Carwin was one of the worst stoppages Ive seen, Mirg is literally staring Mir in the face as he lays there and gets needlessly two handed from Beast Carwin

corner should have tossed the towel since it was apparent Mirg was ready to let Mir die

I had Barboza vs Hooker in mind , that was a hellacious beating but it looks like Dan the Hangman has bounced back nicely

Manhoef vs Sakuraba was an absolute smashing.

Melvin hit him with some absolute bombs.

Cain v dos santos
Nice, nailed it in the first post, first one that came too mind for me too, Juniors team really did him a disservice there.

Watson/ Ninja and Aldo/ Faber also come too mind since Faber still suffers from the effects of that fight too this day according too him from that brutal knee too the sternum.

Saku took a couple viscous beating too that his corner should have saved him from like the Arona fight. Jones Shogun is probably a contender as well.

Marcus Davis vs Ryan Sanders, Marcus Davis vs Ben Saunders, Marcus Davis vs Melvin Guillard, Marcus Davis vs...

There have been some crazy beat downs in the UFC but nothing compares to the beat downs the refs in Pride used to let Sakuraba take.

The refs were not willing to stop those fight short of him dying.

People give BJ shit for saying "To the death" going into the second GSP fight and then ending the fight between rounds, but that was a dangerous beating and his corner made the right choice.

Back